The URI game tonight

SLUDrew

Does anyone have any insights on this Rhode Island team we are playing tonight? I know they play good D, and seemingly have trouble scoring from time to time. That part sounds familiar. I know their best scorer is a senior guard named Dawan Robinson. Looks like a nice challenge for

Kevin. Has anyone somehow seen them play this year or have any other knowledge about them?

Frank C said that URI, in his opinion, is the most physical team in the A-10. They have nice depth inside and want a bruising game. It sounds like a team we can and NEED to run on to win. I hope we try to force things from time to time to take advantage of our strength which is guard depth and not try to just play in the halfcourt the whole game.

The Rams' hometown paper has picked up on the WLWLWL streak...but their game-day story included this odd note:

" Three games ago, a professor at Texas Tech calculated that the chances of a team alternating wins and losses through 19 games (including the two last season) were 1-in-24,000. Since then, the Billikens have beaten Duquesne and lost to Temple to keep the pattern alive. "

Assuming facts not in evidence, yes?