My take on UMass-SLU

kwyjibo

After watching UMass beat St. Joe's earlier this week I was impressed with the defense they played in their half court sets (this was NOT the case with Lappas in charge). They moved real well and kept constant pressure everywhere on the perimeter while also having swarming shot blocking inside(Lasme especially will be tough to counter if Ian and Freeman are battlin').

It is probably too late for a radical rethink in the game plan but I think this is one time that SLU try very hard to exploit from the break. They will definitely need to push it up and took a look at least. I do feel confident that SLU has the defensive punch to stop their guards but I am not sure what to do with this forward laden offense). I will guess we look to stop Freeman first and put Ian on him but then their other forwards come into play. Viggiano can be stopped by one of our guards but Milligan played real well the other night and Lasme is the type of leaper/slasher forward we have problems with. The good thing is that Lasme usually does not have much touch.

Let's go Billikens! Sorry this is so late.