Brad during '04 preseason

I heard Brad on KMOX (Americas's sports voice!)talking in November of '04 about how he wanted to play more up-tempo and push the ball up the floor more that year. I know there were injuries, but SLU only broke 60 points 3 times by January 19. It's one thing to win an ugly, low scoring game. Losing them is about as bad as it gets. Maybe Brad felt that was the only way he could keep them in games. Did he think Tom and Reggie were the only guys who could move?

What kind of system do you think he'll have this year? Polk will be a little more experienced, and Ian and Tommie are supposed to be able to run. Will we see more of that or watch more 55-50 type games?

I think Brad definitely tried to speed the game up last season. Personally, I remember more fast breaks last season than in the previous two. The problem was that nobody could hit a shot to save there life. The shooting percentage for the first half of the season was embarrasing. We could't even hit a lay up. With the group we have coming in, I thing we could see some quicker paced games. That being said, I don't think Brad will ever substitute speed for good shots. He will always play hard D and discourage players to just throw up shots for the hell of it. IMO, if we have a respectable shooting percentage, I estimate our average offense at 75pts.

>What kind of system do you think he'll have this year? Polk

>will be a little more experienced, and Ian and Tommie are

>supposed to be able to run. Will we see more of that or

>watch more 55-50 type games?

Ian's supposed to be able to run? Is that a misprint?

I actually think all of our young guards are going to be able to run. Last year, Polk would get the ball and fly down court only to realize he was all by himself. Reggie was not the quickest one down the court last year. This year I don't see that happening as much, with Tommie (especially Tommie), Kevin, Danny, and even Luke on the wings we have the potential to run a lot more often. I'll be upset if Brad doesn't try to run more.