Laclede Village - Is it being torn down this summer?

The first sign the arena project was drastically delayed was the news that students were being permitted to live in Laclede Village during the 2004-2005 academic year. Are students permitted to live in the eastern most apartments this upcoming calendar year? If so, then I assume that construction won't begin until February '06 at the earliest.

I have fond memories of Grand Forest - mugged twice, car stolen once. Ahhhh, the good old days.

You were probably thinking about Laclede Town which was torn down about 10 - 15 years ago.

Yeah, at the end of the 2003-2004 year, I was living in GF and they told us that we were living in an apartment which was slated to be demolished to make way for the arena so we got first dibs on new places. By the time August 2004 rolled around, SLU told people they could have their old places back or open them up. It's going on two years now...not good.

You are correct, I was mixing up the name of the two places. When I was at SLU, Laclede Town still housed some very sketchy individuals. During my first couple years at SLU, Grand Forest had its own rough spots.

My parents tell great stories about Laclede Town and the other Jerry Berger. They tell me that for a number of years it was considered the national model for successful integrated housing and was a hot place to live and hang out.