random thoughts, ideas and needed venting

TEE

i have not posted on this board since we hired Brad. at first i was very disappointed that we hired Brad and not Brian Gregory. i will be honest that i have been very impressed with Tom Izzo and his coaching staff and coaches that have gone on too their own programs. trying to be the eternal optimist that i am, i looked at it from the standpoint that if Father/Doug would have hired Brad following Wisconsin's final 4 year we would all be excited, so it took me some getting used to, i met the man, and jumped on the bandwagon. even with the poor results of this season, i am still on the billiken bandwagon.

1. this team lacks a leader(s). fish and sloan's leadership is missing and none of our upperclassmen vets have stepped up and assumed that role.

2. i as well as many others expected big things from dwayne polk, my personal opinion is that we are having a young man who has grown up in uptempo basketball playing a flat stationary halfcourt offense. brad and staff have to take the cuffs off and let dwayne run. it was evident against marquettes press, dwayne was the fastest player on that court, he has most likely seen more full court pressure in one practice at vashon and especially in summer games that if you put the ball in his hands and let him fly chances are not too many guys are going to stop that, unless they foul him.

3. reggie is out of shape, his physical condition is lacking. he takes so many defensive sets off, he can't guard his man unless his guy is in worse shape than he is. plan and simple he needs to score more than he gives up, and he isn't doing that.

4. our upperclassmen vets are mostly late recruiting class fill in types or transfers, they do not blend in well with our young guys....

5. keep starting ian at the 5, he has some potential, really excited about what he potentially could be, have bryce spell him when needed, i like bryce's future. if we can develope these two, wow look out.

JJ needs to start at the 4, sit him down tell him that he is the 4 and he needs to work like there is no tomorrow, rebounds, put backs, tough points in the paint. he has the ability, someone needs to get in his head. let IO spell JJ, we are not going anywhere with IO as our go to guy in the post. we need to go with DC, DB and DP as our backcourt.

as i have stated take the cuffs off DP and let him fly, he has the game. DC can play, time to let him play. DB might be something special, his first step is so explosive, he needs to be our lead scoring option, he can shoot, drive, and wow even defend. this guy and tommie are going to create some future problems for the a-10. can't say anything about VN other than his light is fading fast, get your head in the game.

6.i have no paticence for our upperclassmen, they are doing a horrible job this season. it is time for a youth movement!

-TEE

still on the bandwagon, can't wait for next October!