Statistical notes at the One-Third Turn

Crewsorlose

11 games in and we have some real data. I don't subscribe to Ken Pom so can't say too much. But still...

• let's tip the cap to Jimerson, who got buried some last year and saw his stats in 21 games last season go down from his first year. His splits are 46/41/88, especially given the high volume (16.7 ppg). He has made up for a lot of what was lost when Perkins went down, but he gets his points in a much different manner. By comparison, 2021 Perkins was 47/38/87 in 21 games, averaging 17ppg. 
  • After the monster game, Yuri is up to 10 and 8, with an alarming 3.8 TO/game. His slash is 40/28/78. The main improvement from previous years is at the stripe. I think the TOs will go down over the course of the season. 
  • Ford is only playing 8, but the mpg for those players range from 17-31.  I have to think the team will need Williams's shooting at some point but he must not be there in practice. I kind of feel like Ford buries TJ sometimes, but the stats say otherwise: TJ is 3rd in minutes. 
  • The team FT% of 75.8 is insane, and the only clunkers are Thatch (16-26), TJ (4-9), and Nesbitt (17-27). The one I'm worried just a bit about is Nesbitt, who, like J-Good, too often misses long. Kid, the front rim is the soft part of the rim. 
  • After losing two guys who had averaged 10 boards/game, SLU is struggling a bit but rebounding by committee. Okoro leads with 6.7. Gibson at 1.8 rpg may have to step up. 
  • 3 guys above 40% from 3 (TJ, Jimerson, Jones). Nesbitt respectable at 36%. Yuri and Thatch (3-12) clanking. Thatch statistically looking like a poor man's J-Good (56/25/62) and averaging 7 and 5 with 1.1 steals in 20mpg. He's the classic example of a glass half-full/half-empty player. Out one eye you see a strong defender who's rebounding and has the highest FG% on the team and probably the highest rebound rate. But out the other he's neither a creator nor a shooter; a big in a guard's body. I think Thatch is what he is, a strong rotation guy who can swing a few games and is way better than almost any other A-10 team's best bench guy.
  • Finally, a little love for Traore. If in a 4 OT game a center went 13-18 FG, 4-6 FT,  and grabbed 22 rebounds in 51 minutes, it would open eyes. Over six games, he's been pretty awesome, putting up those numbers in 51 minutes. Not at all worried about Okoro and Traore next year at the 5 after Linssen leaves. 
billikenbill likes this