Aroudn the A10 .... Wednesday, 11/07 ....

Taj79

Dayton 78, North Florida 70 @ Dayton.

Bucknell 88, Bonaventure 85 (OT) in Olean.

Watched about half of the Dayton game.  Josh Cunningham did not play due to a hand injury suffered in practice Tuesday.  Redshirt freshman Obidiah Toppin did and posted a double/double (18/10).  Was not impressed with Dayton as expected but they held out well.  Davis, Mikesell and Landers all posted double digits in points.  Dayton will be an eight-man team when Cunningham comes back, with Toppin as the likely sixth man.  Newbies Matos and Cohill played about a half each and contributed.  Based on what I saw, Dayton will be a tough out, especially at home.  I think the announcer said 300+ straight game where Dayton had 11,000+ in the house.  Short of Davis and maybe Crutcher, Dayton showed me no real shooters last night.  Crutcher and Davis are nice guards and Landers just runs around and disrupts everything with his hustle.  North Florida shoots from distance and had no real interior game from what I saw.  Very different team than us -- also only one of five team sin country returning all five starters and with no seniors.

The Bonawelders apparently choked one in Olean last night,  They were up 13 with about 12 minutes to go and saw Bucknell come back and tie it at 71 with 43 seconds left.  The Bonnies took the clock down to 16 seconds but UNLV  transfer Jalen Poyser turned it over and Bucknell's last shot with two seconds left missed.  Bucknell scored the first point of the OT and never trailed.  Bonnie' Afrikaans --- Ipkeze and freshman Ossunnyi ---- both fouled out in about 16 minutes of play each.  Poyser dropped 13.  Freshman Kyle Lofton, who many think is the next coming of Jaylen Adams, scored 18.  Freshman Dom Welch, the all-time leading scorer in western NY high school ball, started and scored ten.

Tonight Siena travels to Foggy Bottom to take on Geedubya.  Geedubya is favored by 6.5 after opening at 7.  There are six A10 games on tap for Friday with another six on Saturday.  Troy beat DII Fort Val;ley State 95 to 60   In that game, the Trojans launched 31 treys and made 12.  They shot 19-of-24 from the line.