Could SLU use a "Mizzou-like SEC" makeover?

Billy Ken

Isn't it about time department stores, sporting goods stores, and other places off-campus start selling more Billikens merchandise again? The season they just had was better than any of the ones in the Spoonball era, and yet the merchandise isn't even close to as widely available as it was for a while in the 1990s. After back-to-back NCAA appearances, I would expect them to have caught up by now. Lids and other places at least have a smattering of New Era SLU hats now, but that's about all you ever see.

And I agree the uniforms need a makeover. You don't need to do anything drastic like the gimmicky second helmet for Mizzou football, but a secondary trim color would be nice. My personal vote would be for a return to the old powder blue as a complementary color, as I hate the dated look from 10-15 years ago when every team on the planet used black that way. But anything to liven things up would be a plus. I've proposed a third off-colored uni before on here and that has never gone over well, but they should at least put "Billikens" across the front of the home jerseys. If even that's too wild for the old guard on a regular basis, do it as a second white alternate. The unique nickname is the best thing they've got going as far as team identity, and it's not emphasized to its potential at all right now.