A-10 in NCAA

slu72

Well, 3Ws and 3Ls so far. Not great, not bad. Like kissing your sister. But how lucky is X? They get a very beatable ND team and manage to avoid Duke in the 3rd round. Temple a huge F. The game was ugly and USF was not that good. We would have slammed 'em. Hats off to the St B brownies. They played a great game against a solid FSU team. Didn't see it, but from all reports could have gone either way. Have mixed emotions about X, but will cheer for them from here on out. They are conference brethren after all, and we want the A-10 to go as far it can in this deal. We really got the raw end of the seeding deal but made the most of it, so nothing to hang our heads about.

"I would rather be lucky than good"

X is lucky no doubt, but we just made our 4th Sweet 16 in 5 years. That Lehigh team also won 27 games, and we were down 15. I wasn't feeling so lucky then, those guys can flat out ball and I give them the respect they deserve. And beating Duke in the tournament would have made us heros, so those bastards did steal that chance from us. I would have loved to beat Duke. That would be the stuff of Xavier legend. Lehigh took that away and they damn near beat us too. I wouldn't mind playing them a home and home.

At some point you make your own luck. Tu Holloway is playing in his third Sweet 16. Kid is a baller. Frease gave us his best game of his entire career in the NCAA tournament. For all the crap people give that kid, he is playing in his 10th NCAA game against Baylor, and I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up another double-double. That kid is playing well in the senior stretch.

I think that SLU was strong in the Dance, the Bonnies were strong in the Dance, Xavier is strong in the Dance, and of course you have another Temple fail. Tell you the truth, I won't miss them. They are gone anyway, and the power shifts to the west and my Catholic brethern. This is truely our league now, let us all prosper.

I won't miss Temple. I don't see this league skipping a beat without them either.

"I would rather be lucky than good"

X is lucky no doubt, but we just made our 4th Sweet 16 in 5 years. That Lehigh team also won 27 games, and we were down 15. I wasn't feeling so lucky then, those guys can flat out ball and I give them the respect they deserve. And beating Duke in the tournament would have made us heros, so those bastards did steal that chance from us. I would have loved to beat Duke. That would be the stuff of Xavier legend. Lehigh took that away and they damn near beat us too. I wouldn't mind playing them a home and home.

At some point you make your own luck. Tu Holloway is playing in his third Sweet 16. Kid is a baller. Frease gave us his best game of his entire career in the NCAA tournament. For all the crap people give that kid, he is playing in his 10th NCAA game against Baylor, and I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up another double-double. That kid is playing well in the senior stretch.

I think that SLU was strong in the Dance, the Bonnies were strong in the Dance, Xavier is strong in the Dance, and of course you have another Temple fail. Tell you the truth, I won't miss them. They are gone anyway, and the power shifts to the west and my Catholic brethern. This is truely our league now, let us all prosper.

I won't miss Temple. I don't see this league skipping a beat without them either.

X also has a lot of experience playing in March. I think that is a big factor to your success. I'll miss, Temple, but not worth dwelling on them either. If it works out with Butler the league will be fine, and the A10 will be okay even if Butler takes a pass.