Report card on our opponents

Now that our season is over, it is time to send out grades on our opponents....

Tenn St.........C-

SIU.................D+

Wash..............B+

BC..................D

Vill...................B

Ok...................B

LMU.................C+

Port..................D-

Vt......................C+

UIS...................Div2

Al St..................F

Ark St................D+

Tex So...............F

N Mex.................A

Day....................B+

GW....................C

Tem....................A-

Char...................C+

Duq.....................B-

X..........................B+

UMass.................B

St. B....................B+

St. J.....................B+

La S.....................B+

Rich.....................B-

Ford.....................D-

RI..........................D+

I think after the LMU game, we went for a full month with a soft schedule. The only half way decent team was Vt, After playing down to the level of our competition for that time, we ran into a buzz saw of NM, Day, and Tem. Those were all very close losses. I think we lost our edge...just a little...but enough to make a difference. My contention is had we played those same 3 games after the West Coast trip we would have won some or all of them. I think the Wash game actually sharpened us for Anaheim.

On the other side of the coin, what a run after Tem.....6 weeks of winning against very good teams ...even the UMass loss during that time was only 1 bad half. Then we played Ford and RI. I think we played down a bit against Ford...but no problem ...worst team in conf and at home. We again let up against another weak team in RI...but RI is better than Ford and it was away...those 2 factors were just enough combined with our letting up a bit to hand us a disappointing loss. But like the Tem loss, this was a wakeup call. The Bills finished strong with their final 2 wins.

The only thing you have to worry about for the A-10 tourney is a week layoff and maybe an attitude of "we are in". I think if they look at the A-10 tourney as a way of continuing their momentum from the last 2 games plus a stretch of games to sharpen themselves even more for the Big Dance, they will be fine. There are no more soft games for the rest of the season ...A-10 into the Dance. We will be favored in all the A-10 tourney games and at least in the first game of the Big Dance.

Sharpen and stay focused.

Go Bills.

The Bills are and have been for awhile....A+

Edited by The Wiz

The Bills are and have been for awhile....A+

Thanks, I believe we dipped a bit at one point, wanted to confirm we regained and maintained top grade to the finish. Accepting your grades, it is clear both why we are at the top of our league, and why we don't get much respect for being there. A good run now will fix that. Go Bills!