Stupid Question

Iggy

Can the team still practice? Or do all teams have to stop practicing once they are eliminated from post-season play. The remaining teams are still practicing. I would think it could be beneficial to have as many practices with the coaching staff as possible. Except for the seniors, obviously. It would give the staff a chance to be as specific as possible about what they want each person to work on in the off season when the coaches can't watch them. Just curious.

All teams can continue to practice until the end the NCAA tournament.

I think the practice of most coaches is end practices after they are eliminated. In Feinstein's book about Bobby Knight, "Season on the Brink" he made the point that Knight forced his to continue to practice until the last legal date which was the day of the NCAA final. I believe Indiana was eliminated early that year and Knight was not satisfied how they finished the year.

They don't have sanctioned practices, but I do know that the team scrimages in Simon Rec (no coaching staff) .. all the time .. some billiken alumni even participate ..

i'm not sure of the exact guidelines ..

i also know that a lot of the guys spend this time of year training with personal trainers ..

i remember fish spending a lot of time running wind sprints with a parachute on his back ..