Husak, Clarke and the mysterious "rotation"

Billikan

Last night I was watching the huddle during timeouts and everryone looked like they were into the game although Tom and Bryce would stand in the background because they knew they would not play, although Tom was in uniform. The amazing thing to me was to look at tom next to Bryce--BH is at least 5 inches taller than Tom and he really towers over every one on the team. Let's hope he can hit the weights and continue to develop his skill level. With a few minutes for experiencce next year, playing against Ian in practice, he could be a real factor in the future. He is TALL!!

I am always reluctant to get too excited or down about freshmen because I know they develop at different times and confidence comes and goes with most. However, just in terms of body language, Clarke looks 100% better on the court now than he did just a few months ago. His confidence is up and he seems like he is no longer nervous. He even took a banked 3 point shot in stride. For the first time, I can see that he may have some real potential.

Coaches always talk about the "rotation" and how important that it is in the development of a team. It is absolutely incredible to me how Coach Brad can start with one team and then adjust so an unlikely group -- one you would never expect to play-- comes in and plays big minutes. who sould have ever thought that a team of Hunt, Clarke, Drejaj, Fisher and Sloan would ever be on the floor at all--much less playing an important role in a victory over a big strong team. we looked like we were playing 5 guards and yet our hustle and tenacity carried the day. My favorite play of the game was the one where Drejaj stole the ball from Worley by diving on the floor at this feet and poking the ball down court where we picked it up and went the length of the floor. One interesting side note--It must be impossible for any team to scout our team because we vary the personnel and the contributions so much from game to game.

With Purdue or Notre Dame we will have our hands full because they are very physical. I would feel more comfortable if Tom could play but we have to go with the players we have. I must say that this victory over Iowa gave us more publicity than any game in years. I must have had 10-12 calls today by people who are not real Bills fans--yet they were very excited by our last second victory. It also has to be good for recruiting to win such a game on national television. Congrats to all!!!!