OT--very weird result in the PAC 10

Billikan

Did anyone see that Oregon State--the darling of many media because of its coach and his relationship to the pres--lost at home to Texas A and M CC 67-43!!!!!!!!!!!! They were being hyped as a much better team this year. Wow--there is real parity in college ball when you get past the top 20 or so.

Did anyone see that Oregon State--the darling of many media because of its coach and his relationship to the pres--lost at home to Texas A and M CC 67-43!!!!!!!!!!!! They were being hyped as a much better team this year. Wow--there is real parity in college ball when you get past the top 20 or so.

That "home" game actually played in Lubbock, Texas as part of a round-robin tourney at Texas Tech. TAMU-CC usually pretty good, so not surprised they won, though margin of victory is an eye-opener considering the Beavers are supposed to be an upper division PAC-10 team this season. BTW, OSU plays GW later in the month in DC.

Anyway, congrats on the win over SEMO. The A-10 looking pretty good on opening weekend!

That "home" game actually played in Lubbock, Texas as part of a round-robin tourney at Texas Tech. TAMU-CC usually pretty good, so not surprised they won, though margin of victory is an eye-opener considering the Beavers are supposed to be an upper division PAC-10 team this season. BTW, OSU plays GW later in the month in DC.

Anyway, congrats on the win over SEMO. The A-10 looking pretty good on opening weekend!

More weird results--Cornell!!! beats Alabama on their own floor!

actually, I'll bite. it's not an upset at all.

Cornell might make some serious noise this year. They play Wed. @ UMass and I will be surprised if they do not hammer them good.

Lots of seniors, and yes they played great last year; Cornell is one of the newest of the Gonzaga/Butler/Siena type programs that should be models for us. Among others, they feature son of Randy Wittman, name of Ryan, a big kid who shoots the 3 with just about anyone!

actually, I'll bite. it's not an upset at all.

Cornell might make some serious noise this year. They play Wed. @ UMass and I will be surprised if they do not hammer them good.

Lots of seniors, and yes they played great last year; Cornell is one of the newest of the Gonzaga/Butler/Siena type programs that should be models for us. Among others, they feature son of Randy Wittman, name of Ryan, a big kid who shoots the 3 with just about anyone!

I was just thinking the difference in recruiting between the SEC and the Ivy should bring a huge talent difference on the court. Did some quick research on Cornell and you are 100% right in terms of them being an all senior team with a Kentucky transfer coming off the bench and Wittman being one of the best shooters in the country. They might just hammer UMass! I would hope that by the time this years sophomores will be seniors we will be extremely difficult to guard and will defend like crazy. The potential is there--particularly with the two new guys and Ellis if he gets eligible! It is interesting that CollegeHoops.net ranked Cornell 92 in their rankings and our super young team was ranked 91st. Of course, that ranking assumed we would have Ellis.

Cornell easily wins on the road at UMass, by 13 -- leading all the way, never being challenged. They look to be for real, as far as mid-majors go. They have a great bench and good balance, and play excellent defense!

Cornell plays Syracuse next week and St. Joe's in early December -- I'm keeping an eye on 'em 'cause I knew Randy Wittman a little back in the day, played ball with him a few times, and was actually a huge fan of him and that great Indiana team of 1981!