Philip Hunt

jjray

I want to commend Philip Hunt on his play last night (with the exception of the free throws). 20 minutes: 4 points (1-1 from the field), 1 steal, 1 assist ... but the stat line does not tell the story. When Philip is in the game, our offensive ball movement is crisp, nice ball security, and he brings energy to the defensive end. You've earned that scholarship Philip, good job! Our team is really banged up right now so it is a huge help to have a senior of your caliber deep on the bench to call on in time of need.

Philip playing 20 minutes against a team that was fouling on every play in an effort to come back was very impressive. His defensive fundamentals are terrific. That 3 point shot was very nice!

As a former shooter, I can say that although the annoouncers did not notice it The one end--that they shot in the first half and the Bills in the second--had very stiff rims that were extremely unforgiving. If the ball hit the rim it almost never had a chance to go in. It affected our free throws late and almost all of their shots in the first half. Interesting!

I also thought that ross Varner gave us a number fo excellent minutes and provided toughness in the post. Ian played a short time but did some nice things as well. congrats to our Bills for a nice win with two injured players sitting out!