GW public address announcer

jzstldc

For any SLU fan who was at the game they noticed immediately following the game the address announcer said times that this is the lowest scoring opponent ever to come into the Smith Center and repeated that 2 more times while the SLU players and coaches were still leaving the floor. While it was an embarrassing performance, this was a completely classless move on GW's part. I have no issues with radio or TV announcers saying it but don't announce it when the team could hear.

I just wrote an e-mail to the GW athletic department stating that it was unfortunate that they decided to take the classless route by announcing this and if they had any class at all they would issue some kind of an apology. I will let the Board know if I hear back from anybody from GW.

GW set an NCAA record tonight. They didn't do it against sisters of the poor, they did it against a league member with a million dollar head coach. They should be proud of themselves. Majerus and the players should have to hear it. If they could make a shot or come up with an effective gameplan or not run the players into the ground this debacle would never have taken place.

GW set an NCAA record tonight. They didn't do it against sisters of the poor, they did it against a league member with a million dollar head coach. They should be proud of themselves. Majerus and the players should have to hear it. If they could make a shot or come up with an effective gameplan or not run the players into the ground this debacle would never have taken place.

I have to agree with the Torch. Being there when he said it I initially had the same reaction that it was classless. But then I looked out on the floor and noticed that GW was still on the floor as well and they were pumped when they heard what they accomplished. That and we deserved to get shown up tonight. We can't turn it around until we hit rock bottom and I think that just happened. The public address announcer simply erased any doubt.

For any SLU fan who was at the game they noticed immediately following the game the address announcer said times that this is the lowest scoring opponent ever to come into the Smith Center and repeated that 2 more times while the SLU players and coaches were still leaving the floor. While it was an embarrassing performance, this was a completely classless move on GW's part. I have no issues with radio or TV announcers saying it but don't announce it when the team could hear.

I just wrote an e-mail to the GW athletic department stating that it was unfortunate that they decided to take the classless route by announcing this and if they had any class at all they would issue some kind of an apology. I will let the Board know if I hear back from anybody from GW.

i bet he's still better than Guy Phiilips.