To Roy's Point

BradFan

If you saw Timmerman's blog where he talks about the woes of travel, notice that he mentions the Bills take scheduled commuter flights to most out of town games. When Roy mentions the budget issues, this is one of them. When Brad coached at UW, they had a charter plane, and could go in and out of opposing cities on their own schedule. That may be less of an issue when you are going to big cities like NYC, Philly or Cincy. But gets to be more of a struggle getting to Rhode Island, Dayton, Richmond, etc. And let's face it, if you've ever had the option of private air transportation compared to the rat race that is normal air travel, you know there is no comparison.

Just exemplifies the fact that the staff still deals with one hand tied behind their back (lack of TV coverage, lousy venue for home games, West Pine, no recent history of basketball prowess or, for that matter, any notable sports reputation other than soccer, being other issues that contribute to that). Roy, you are right on.

So does anybody seriously think that if the Bills continue at the current pace (.667) and get 20 wins that Brad is gone, or that this would even be justified or productive for the program? Get real people.

I remember flying out of Lambert (I think it was Labor Day '05) and running into the Duke soccer team that had played here the night before. It just so happened that they were flying like plebs, too.

I understand debate over where the money is going, but to conjecture that we're the ONLY school that flies with the commonors and has problems because of it is just too much. We probably traveled the same way last year, and did better in te beginning of the conference season, winning every-other game last year for a while.