Houston Cougars

I was wondering if anyone will be in Houston to see the Billikens take on the Houston Cougars next Monday. I have yet to make it out to a Cougar game, but I have followed how they have been doing and I would say that this is a road game we should be able to win. They got beat by the Rice Owls Wednesday night and that is one team I definitely would like to see in action. I live right by Rice University and they have an extremely talented player in Morris Almond who is averaging 28 point a game. I was hoping to see them take on Darren Clarke and UTEP, but I will not be in town for that one. From what I have seen of the Cougars, they are a very undisciplined team that constantly throws up 3s and forces bad shots. They have some talented players, but they do not play well as a team. They really have not lived up to the hype, most people saw them as the second best team in C-USA and a potential tournament team. The loss of Lanny Smith for the season was a huge loss for them. Dion Dowell will be playing this time around and he is averaging 14 points and close to 7 rebounds a game. When you watch this team play you would assume that they don't have a coach.

Welcome back FromGreece!!! Its been awhile. I also have a friend who lives close to Rice. He is from Scottland and he has a short temper and he really likes nice TVs. You would know him if you ran into him.

It seems as though Houston is just like us in that everyone expected big things from them to begin the season and then they fall flat on their faces. That game does not matter much anymore for the billikens. We have no more big games until the conference tourney in atlantic city.

Best of luck in Houston, tell my friend hi if you run into him.

If the game was on a Friday or weekend I'd be down but since it's a Monday night game, doesn't look good for me comin down I-45.

Sounds like Penders is screwing up another university's program. Texas, GW, and now Houston. His system sells well to players as his team always score a ton and play a fast pace, they never seem to live up to their hype or talent. That Almond kid is the real deal at Rice probably an NBA talent.

TKBiliken, I am going to be in St. Louis most likely so I probably won't get to see the Billikens in action down here anyway. I was really looking forward to it, I have been talking trash to Cougar basketball fans ever since I got down here. It was nice getting the win when we played them in St. Louis. You and Pistol need to come down some time in March for the Rodeo. It is going to be awesome and it is right down the street from my place at Reliant Stadium. Fortunately I have not run into Pistol's Scottish friend since the incident. I have never seen a man get so fired up in my life and I am really glad he didn't do anything to my tv...is that HD?

How is St. Louis reacting to the recent shortcomings of the Billikens? I realize a few on this board are extremely fired up, but what are most people saying?

It sucks the game is on a Monday for me as well. I usually work Monday thru Thursday and fly back to Houston on Friday, so Monday really does not work real well for me. As far as Almond, I have seen highlights of him, but have yet to see him in person. I have been out of town on business for the most part the past month and a half. I was finally back in Houston this week, but did not bother to check the schedule and I saw that they were playing Houston at Rice after the game had already begun. His stats are phenominal and from what I have heard a lock to be a nice draft pick.