BillikenLaw and his A -10

Lawman, you stated in the below "Stepping stone league" thread that only one A-10 coach remains at his same school since the beginning of the 2000-2001 season, that being Temple's John Chaney. That didn't sound right to me yesterday and on checking my current A-10

media guide today it appears that you overlooked Saint Joe's Phil Martelli, who has been their head coach since 1995-1996.

Using your three year period 2000-01, 2001-02, 2002-03 ten of the twelve A-10 head coaching slots had changes. Of the ten, seven came from terminations, retirements and/or lateral moves within the A-10 conference (Jim Baron from St. Bonnie to URI after the 2001 season).

Three coaches moved to larger schools during the three year period mention above; Beilein from Richmond to WVU, Purnell to Clemson and Prosser from X to Wake Forest.

As we both know, coaches change jobs for a number of reasons: most for the money, some for location, some had conflicts with the administration, some are seeking a new challenge, etc., so one has to be careful with the "stepping stone" label. Some of the more interesting job changes to me were Lute Olsen from ice-cold Iowa to Arizona, Billy Tubbs from Oklahoma to pressure-less TCU, and Kevin O'Neill dumping Marquette for more money at Tennessee.