on brad

don't give up on him, yet - he's still a young coach and it seems that there are bright things in store.

that being said - were i in charge - the following would happen.

brad - you are going to hire a coach to handle the offense...the kids play great defense - but we need some new ideas and creativity offensively - al maguire had someone handle his offense for him - so don't be offended. mike davis' best season at IU was when he had dan panaggio do his game plans and offensive coaching - so this isn't something that isn't heard of these days either...dan then went on to nba and is now at marquette. there are definitely some guys out there...

i would also encourage attending some coaching clinics - and arrange a "coaching mentor" - spoon would be perfect. his availability, association with slu, and most importantly - in game coaching acumen (read ability to adjust) make some sense.

the extension CL gave was premature. i think brad can get over the hump - but he needs to know that "discernable progress" is not enough. at some point winning (the right way - which he does) is ultimately the only thing that matters.

remember - duke wanted to fire K after four years. brad is at a critical point in his career at slu - he either gets over the hump - or he ends up a head coach at some div III school.

The question I would ask......

Brad in life we all learn from evaluating ourselves periodically in sports, in school, in business and as parents. As a coach looking back on this season, what were your (not the teams) strengths, what were your weakness and how will you address your weakness between now and October?