Brandenburg brothers face off tonight

VTIME

It's emotional because it's the last time they will compete against each other in organized competition and by winning you're crushing your brother's chance to go to state. 6'11 soph John has been offered by SLU. 6'7 Bill has division 1 interest, but is not considered a high major prospect. If we cant get Stemler, I could see us taking Bill and redshirting him. It's always nice to have a big body. Not advocating it, but not against it. John will catch the ball inside and dunk if you are'nt all over him which is a quality you cant teach. Not as soft as he used to be. He just needs to keep putting on weight and keep getting meaner. He'll probably be 7 feet tall before he graduates. With Husak graduating in 2008 he'd be a great replacement with tons more talent and potential.

Needs to play this way every game. I'll be interested to see what he can do in the second half and maybe state. Little brother is getting taken to school, picked up a foul on a questionable call after a nice crossover in the open court by the 6'11 kid. Excuse my delayed post, the laptop is slow.

Nah, I would've stayed home and listened, but I dont have Quicktime. Anybody watching UNC and Duke? Timeout Desmet, Kirkwood ahead 33-19. I saw Maclin and Kalu play as sophomores with the Saint Louis Falcons and they've come along way.

I'm home now. Vashon looked shaky early, and didn't turn it up til the third quarter. At the beginning of the third Irons pulled Washington for not shooting I guess and when he was yelling at Irons, he looked away and ignored him. He played Donald Davis a lot. Davis wont score, but he was a key 6th man along with Roach last season, but hasnt played much this year. Cannon dressed, but didnt play. Didnt see Patterson or Ellis in uniform for Vashon. I dont know why Hobbs didnt get in the second after 5 big points in the first. Kirkwood should be able to close game out. Desmet has the 2 bigs and nothing else. They were barely over .500 entering the playoffs like Vianney and it shows against an opponent with a better resume.

Maclin did not punch anyone. For those that were no there Maclin stole the ball from the Desmet player and was on a break away when he was grabbed from behind by the Desmet player. It was a hard foul and correctly called an intentional foul by the refs. Maclin kept his cool and walked away then proceeded to hit the free throws.

It was an obvious swing, whether it was close or open hand, it was still a swing. Cody Green was unaggressive. Also Patton is better than McNeil and should start. Patton was second team all-conference, I dont think McNeil made any of the teams. His sport is football and Patton should play ahead of him. They're going to state, so what can I say. Kyle Kirk, who else do Poo have? Vashon should handle Rockhurst on the other side. If you told me that Kirkwood would go to state in basketball instead of football I would've laughed.