Crean challenged a Fan to fight him.

STLfan

http://www.upn30memphis.com/sports/local/s...EC-DCA1C94B75F1

"Crean was overheard, by an Eyewitness Sports member, challenging Bobby Byrd to meet him after the game. Byrd, Bank of Bartlett Chairman, admitted to taunting Crean, but was surprised when Crean told him to “meet me after the game. Be right over there,†Crean said, pointing to visiting Marquette’s locker room.

“We started getting on him after he started cursing out the refs and (Coach Calipari),†said Byrd of some of the fans sitting near him. “I guess he picked me out of the bunch when I said he was wearing a Sear’s suit.†Crean, visibly upset continued to bark at Byrd and challenged him to a fight."

Unfortunately, this story is anything but objective reporting. Multiple people at the game sitting close to the Marquette bench have said that Byrd verbally attacked Crean's pregnant wife. While I am not condoning what Crean may have done, one must understand that he did what any husband would do. For anyone to lay the blame on Crean for this situation would just be a hypocrite. On the other hand, this Byrd character seems to be a big tool. I don't know how any man can verbally abuse someone's wife, much more, someone's pregnant wife. This just seems to be one more case of disaster that has become Memphis basketball.