Bob Hubrecht

user profile

Post #204 St. Louis University missed on a center Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a friend from Belgium who graduated from St. Louis University in 1976. His name is who is a basketball junkie. Bob's goal was to help SLU recruit a quality player or two to pay back his old university. Bob Hubrecht found ILUNGA-MBENGA DIDIER 7'6" walking the streets of Antwerp, Belgium. It appears this tall teenager from the Congo was the son of a chief who's goverment was over thrown and the family was booted out of their country.

Bob Hubrecht visited me two years ago for two weeks with the intention of meeting the basketball coaching staff at SLU. Bob Hubrecht called SLU and made appointment for the next week. Bob Hubrecht went to his appointment and found the coaching staff was out of town on a recruiting trip at A Nike camp. Bob talked to anyone he could while at SLU. He left his email, telephone and cell number with hopes of getting ILUNGA-MBENGA DIDIER a chance to enroll at SLU. I'm not sure what happened with the SLU recruitment of this player. ILUNGA-MBENGA DIDIER continued to play basketball in Belgium until this summer. The progressive owner of the DALLAS MAVS, MARK CUBAN, sent representives to Belgium to see if DIDIER might have a chance to play in the NBA. ILUNGA-MBENGA DIDIER is on the summer league roster of the Dallas Mavs looking for a chance to play basketball in America. I do not know the outcome of this story however if a player is over seven foot tall, coaches should check out all possibilities and the SLU coaching staff may have check this out.

Bob Hubrecht has given up his Physical Therapy job in Belgium to work with basketball players all over Europe with the hopes of helping a player get into an American University.

If the St. Louis University basketball staff wants to email Bob Hubrecht, his email is [email protected]. I' m sure Bob Hubrecht would still help SLU if asked

>>Bob Hubrecht called SLU and made appointment for the next week.<<

Made an appointment with who? Who dropped the ball? I'm sure plenty of these inquiries come out of left field to the coaching staff but I would be suprised if they would knowningly fail to follow something like this up.

Here is the contact information for the basketball staff:

[table]

[tr][td]Coach[/td][td]email address[/td][td]telephone #[/td/][/tr]

[tr][td]Brad Soderberg[/td][td] [email protected][/td][td](314) 977-3173[/td/][/tr]

[tr][td]Anthony Beane[/td][td] [email protected][/td][td](314) 977-3187[/td/][/tr]

[tr][td]Angres Thorpe[/td][td] [email protected][/td][td](314) 977-3170 7-317[/td/][/tr]

[tr][td]Jason Grunkemeyer[/td][td] [email protected][/td][td](314) 977-3187[/td/][/tr]

[/table]