caught it at wackadoo's

i went to wackadoo's 2 minutes before the game started. the creighton game was on the screen and there four people in there besides us. asked one of the waitresses, who is one of my friends, if we could get the game on the big screen. she said she'd do it, and then just to make sure she didn't forget, i asked my waiter the same thing and he said, "what, there's a game today?" they turned the game on every tv in the place (save one, for the marquette game. after that one ended, it too was switched to the bills' game).

wow. only 19 points in the first half and all of our points that half came from 3 pointers or free throws. unbelievable. the crowd in wackadoos increased as the game went on and there were some nasty comments about the bills. for instance, when one kid heard that we were down by thirteen at the half, he said "sounds about right for the billikens." so i had to defend them quite a bit.

but the crowd kept getting bigger as i moved up to the bar to get close to one of the smaller tvs and sat with some old men. when the bills were nailing those threes at the end there were some pretty big cheers throughout the place, which was good to see/hear. (along with several "diener is a wiener" chants.

nice atmosphere, but the food was not the best.