Shaun Livingston

Interesting you ask.. Just talking about that. Me and the wife need a little get away.. and vegas might be the ticket. I go to some but not all. Someone has to work and feed that kid.

He just received an exciting letter today. You know the big camps are gone now. SuperStars and Hoop Jamboree and the All American too. I think anyway. In its place for Adidas anyway.. they have selected just 14 kids for 4 small camps... not sure yet but I believe the NBA and NCAA are involved too. 09 and 08 class. They go to Atlanta, New Orleans, Portland and San Fran. I believe NCAA coachs go.. and NBA players too. They work on fundamentals. Fundamentals and more fundamentals. This is all in response to kids playing too many games and not working on fundamentals. Kids in the NBA have all the moves but no work ethic. The good Europeans are coming over here and shooting 90 % from the line etc.etc.. So I think this is in response to that. If this is all true and it works like they say..it sounds good. But this is the first year.. so jury is still out too. I'm not sure it will but I think it a step in the right direction anyway. Kids play all summer and then go to these camps and play more games... When do they spend time working out and working on their game with drills. They don't. You know the old saying.. "teams are made during the season..Players are made during the off-season". You can't just play games and get better. You have to work on aspects of your game. This year Tyler worked on FT..he was at 60% 49/81 last year, and did not get to line enough either. This year....114/151 75% This year... ball handling foot speed.