Luke Meyer

logitech

So does

>doubling on the post have more to do with Luke or Brad's

>strategy?

Unfortunately we don't really know as we don't see Ian and JJ or AK very much so it's hard to say if it's Brad's D or making up for Luke. I don't recall having to double down when it was Sloan at the 4 a few years ago, but I could be wrong. But it's no surprise that teams with good strong 4s give us problems - SIU, A&M, Dayton last year, etc. PDiddy's post below is why it's been acceptable. What Luke gives up on the defensive end, he's been making up on the offensive end against bigger opponents with his quickness and ability to get to the basket.

If we had a pf who could give more minutes than what JJ or AK are giving, I think we'd not necessarily see less of Polk or Meyer, but rather less of DB and collectively a few minutes less from Polk and Meyer. Even TL and KL might lose a few minutes, which is a good thing as they probably have to play too much and our bench is too short as it is. It'd be kind of a ripple effect.

Just because Ian blocks or alters a lot of shots does not mean he is defending the post. He is go at sliding over and helping out, but how many times have you seen him let his man get position and catch the ball low in the post for an easy two points? Thats my only problem with Ian's post defense. He is a great shot blocker, but I would like it a lot more if he didn't play for the blocks. He may block 1 out of 3 lay ups, but that is still allowing 4 points.