Coaching Staff

DAGS'12

I don't know a ton about the coaching staff and I know some people on this board have mentioned that it will hurt our recruiting with new, older guys. However, when thinking in a present POV, these guys have been around the block. For a team that already has so much promise, its great that you have other coaches that have that head coach mentality and know what needs to be done.

I heard from one of the walk-ons, who said Crews is just a tough dude who doesn't let any bogus happen. He worked under Knight for so many years. It could be a great attitude and intensity to bring to the bench. Whitesell looks like a pretty mild mannered guy who does a lot of instructing on the court. RM just sits in the corner, buddha like and concentrates on all the strategy of the game. I'm just saying they seem to be a good compliment of styles along with a ton of experience, that not many mistakes are going to go unaddressed. I would love to see some of these guys take extended contracts for recruiting, but I am very confident they have more than enough to get the job done this year.