Devin Hill Article

ibruce1

August 28, 2007

Devin Hill Sets Visits

Devin Hill, a 6-foot-9, 195-pound senior power forward from Stamford (Ct.) St. Luke's, has begun to set his official and home visits.

Hill, who has been compared favorably to current UConn big man and former New York Gaucho Curtis Kelly, will take a home visit from St. Louis head coach Rick Majerus on Sept. 11 and will then visit the school officially Sept. 20. DePaul head coach Jerry Wainright will also visit Hill's Connecticut home the week of Sept. 10, and Hill hopes to set up an official to the school at that meeting. UMass and Seton Hall are also in the mix, and Hill has visited both schools unofficially.

At this point, Hill seems curious about what Majerus and St. Louis have to offer.

"I've never been to St. Louis," he said. "If I go there, my first year will be the 2008-09 season. They are going to have a new arena built, a $100 million arena, and my class would be the first to play there.

"Rick Majerus is a Hall of Fame coach. Every power forward that started for him got drafted, Keith Van Horn, Michael Doleac."

As for UMass, Hill visited that school earlier this month and enjoyed his time with head coach Travis Ford.

Hill has been to Seton Hall on several occasions for events, but said he has not heard from Bobby Gonzalez's staff recently.

For the time being, he's enjoying the last days of summer before school starts.