stepping stone

Lobo

what worries me is that cl may move on before bs. arena is under construction - a big + on her resume and she will be courted.

bs will be given more time. dd is still the soccer coach and he hasn't been able to deliver in the 'important' games and he gets excellent recruits.

don't know the solution, but it seems that slu history is somewhat repetitive.

'

CL will stay at least until the arena is opened. Nobody really knows what she wants - at her age she might be satisfied at SLU and being with her family. I know her daughters are on the West coast but I think one may have moved anyway from there. The problem with trying to be were your kids are they simply just don't stay in one place anymore.

From what I have heard, I wouldn't hold my breath on Levick staying very long.

Age? She isn't very old.

Disagree on DD. His biggest problem was not being able to anticipate the early departures of star players for professional ranks, and thus having a 1-2 year adjustment, after being loaded with deep great teams. Losing on road mutiple times in NCAA quarterfinals to excellent teams is pretty good. He lost one "important" game he should have won...where the team dominated Northwestern for 90 minutes and lost 1-0 on a once in a lifetime goal.(admitted by the kid who scored).

Since his ability to land superstar recruits first few years...his recruiting is back to solid but not spectacular.(a lot of other places are solid too).

The two biggest problems for SLU past few years has been inability to find 1-2 guys who can finish...he had those players and they left early to for pro ranks. And, I haven't been satisfied with the keeper position recruiting...guys haven't panned out since Hutton got hurt injured.

She has said in interviews and such that she would one day like to be AD at one of the bigger east coast universities (I think it was east coast). I think she is phenomenal and is exactly the type of person/AD we need to jump-start our athletic program. My personal opinion (of what I have seen of her thus far) is that she--like Shimmy--is best suited at a university like SLU...a school with aspirations to be an athletic powerhouse across the board. I think that is where her talents and enthusiasm would be best served.

Kind of like maybe winning a men's and women's national title in basketball.

Kind of like winning a national championship in men's soccer and a couple in women's field hockey

Kind of like drastically improving the men's football team...and playing their final game for BCS conference title this year.

...Obviously these are just some of Debbie Yow's accomplishments at Maryland.

Levick gets to put new Arena on resume...and now playing in weaker athletic conference, gets to tell stories of improving non-revenue sports...women's volleyball and women's soccer winning league titles because the league is not as strong, but still mark it down as NCAA's baby...baseball etc....she is racking up resume material left and right....if only that darn hoops team makes the NCAA's too...that'd be like icing on top of the resume.

Don't kid yourself, she is going where they play football and spend money, going to a bigger conference....all when the opportunity presents itself.