? for Roy et al re TV Contract

davidnark

I have read several posters, including Roy, state on the A-10 board that the CSTV contract is the reason why, to date, we haven't had local TV broadcasts. I thought that the CSTV contract only affected the conference TV broadcasts, not the nonconference broadcasts. Will someone please explain how and why the CSTV contract has affected the broadcasts of our nonconference games?

Thanks!

According to this article: http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/16259638.htm

It is only home games for A-10 teams. We can't directly blame the Linda Bruno for the fact Loyola, SIU-C, and Pacific weren't on local TV. Of course, I assume that it is difficult to negotiate a TV production arrangement for only three or four road games.

David, I think you probably answered your own question - Charter probably wanted to gear up for more than just 3 games. They were able to buy the SMS feed for that game and the UNC was on ESPNU and the TAMU game was on another channel so really all they would have gotten would be the 3 road games you mentioned.