soccer folks...UAB 1 UC 0

courtside

UAB wins two in a row, but has two losses and a tie...

Next week, If SLU beats UAB, and UC beats Marquette(at Marquette) SLU is in great shape for conference title. They must win a tough tough road game against UAB. ...That bad tie at home to Marquette isn't looking good right now. But SLU is getting help from other teams.

So, if we beat UAB and Cincinnati beats Marquette, will we be in the driver's seat for the conference title? I apologize for not knowing because I know we've covered this a few times, but I can't seem to remember what has to happen for us to get the #1 or #2 seed.

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

Yes Tarheel...IMO you score more seeding pounts in the NCAA tourney for winning regular season conference, as you would naturally think. If SLU can say they won the league, and the conf title....you would like their chances to perhaps get that 4th seed overall in NCAA and not have to go on road. Sure they have done well on road, and possibly played better on road this year. But, post-season is different. Otherwise....if they can't win either, they will fall to a first round home game only kind of team, against a better team. If SLU beats UAB, and Cincy beats Marquetee, SLU finishes ahead of those 3 teams. I am trying to remember Louisville off hand. It is a bungled mess right now.

With the chaotic play of this year's team, seedings and where they play might just not matter much, but I always play to win conf, conf tourney, and set yourself as much as possible in NCAA's.