The infamous Kelvin Sampson

There are a few scumbag coaches ... Sampson is one of them. If it was my son and I knew Sampson's history of having little integrity ... I don't know how you could assume anything the guy say's is true. I know that across the country all Indiana verbals should be fair game.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=2624000

>

>What a jackass.

>I know some people wanna win at all cost, but that just

>seems low to keep recruiting him.

not to defend a character like Sampson, but Gordon and his father took the lead in contacting IU and should get the bulk of the criticism here. Gordon is an Indy native who verbaled to Illinois because he didn't like Mike Davis. When Sampson came aboard it was Gordon and his dad who started the process. It was obvious Eric wanted to go to Indiana. They could have told Sampson to go away, but instead they pressed the issue.

>it doesnt surprise me you defend sampson.

Where did I defend Sampson? The whole thing could have been a moot point if the Gordons said "no, we're committed to Illinois." Instead, they continued to push the issue. The bulk of the blame in this mess is on the Gordons. With no piece of paper signed nothing illegal took place (just the facts).

Also, Gordon's father had previous connections to 2 new IU assistants, so he continued to press the issue.

But then again, this is Billikens.com, as reality detached as possible, so blaming multiple parties is defending one of them.

Agreed both parties are probably wrong if your account is accurate. A kid does have the right to change his mind if he hasn't signed, but he should have rescinded his verbal to Illinois 1st and Sampson should have required he did.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

I blame the father first and foremost. The perfect player's father for Sampson. Indiana plays at Champaign on Tuesday, 01-23-07.....now that will be a hot ticket!

btw, the Illinois non-conference school includes the below home "buy" games. Illini also play at Xavier on Dec29....go X!

Austin Peay

Jackson State

Georgia St.

Florida A&M

Savannah St.

IUPUI

Belmont

Idaho St

Why aren't some of the good ol' boys whining about this one? Oh I remember, it's because they're a bunch of worthless hypocrites. Come on, give me at least one "what does this have to do with SLU?"

Just a bunch of sleazy salesmen.

I actually have no problems with this post. If I had made it the whiners would be having their group bashing right now.

It just goes to show who the real flamers are...the board good ol' boys.

There are multiple aspects that are invovled in any signing and or committment and the Knollmeyer situation is aligned in one area ... AK did orally commit to Mizzoumuch like Gordon did orally commit to Illinois. At that point, I think, the similarity ends. Here's a kid committing and then the coaching staff "supposedly" tells him go to a prep school. Nice way to accept the kid's committment. Boo on the coaching staff.

The Iliini accept a kid's committment and then he and the father "supposedly" re-energize with the kid's home state school once the coach he didn't like is gone. If the re-energizing is all due to the father, boo on the family.

I can't say if Sampson did anything other than to accept the father's calls. I can't say if Brad did anything with AK either. Where the difference seems to be is that AK honored his oral until the facts from the school changed it seems. It seems that the Gordon's altered the facts on the other side. But guess what, that happens. Like I've said before, I wouldn't want my livelihood and tenure dependent on the whims of easily influenced 17- and 18-year-olds.

Whoever said Sampson should have insisted on the de-oral before they became involved sounds about right. Didn't the QB from Arkansas do that? He was oralled to Notre Dame, then decommitted, reopened his recruitment, and then signed with Arkansas? Never mind that McNutt hired his high school coach in that time. Seems to me that Gordon was the more disingenuous side of this whole story.

Get used to it. If you want to soar with the eagles, better be prepared to play like they do.

Didn't the QB from Arkansas do that? He was oralled to Notre Dame, then decommitted, reopened his recruitment, and then signed with Arkansas?

I believe he actually committed to Arkansas, then decommitted and reopened his recruitment, then recommitted to Arkansas when his HS coach got the offensive coordinator's job at Arkansas. His HS coach also brought along a TE and WR that I believe both play as true freshman.

Gordan's committment to Indiana also makes Lance Stemler a very good practice player at IU in Lance's senior year.

Kevin, you have a tendancy to goad and then duck out the back door. Again, what is your reason for hating Illinois so?

BTW, thanks for calling me a good ole boy.

PS - don't forget about the good ole boy racists that constitute the Bradley Braves fandom, too! ;-)

>Didn't the QB from Arkansas do that? He was oralled to Notre

>Dame, then decommitted, reopened his recruitment, and then

>signed with Arkansas?

>

>I believe he actually committed to Arkansas, then

>decommitted and reopened his recruitment, then recommitted

>to Arkansas when his HS coach got the offensive

>coordinator's job at Arkansas. His HS coach also brought

>along a TE and WR that I believe both play as true freshman.

Nope. Mustain verbaled to Arkansas, then when there was talk of Houston Nutt being fired, said he was going to re-open his recruitment. Arkansas then hired his HS coach (which has proven to be a great hire) and Mustain recommitted.

Okay ... so I was off on the Notre Dame thing. But the point stands, doo-doo happens and in what is becoming today's more and more sleazy worldof college recruiting, get used to it.

I'd say something similar happened to Tommie in the great UNLV Raid after Tommie went to prep school. I'd be willing to bet many suitors kept calling the Legend and asking "you sure?" when he oralled.