Blake Ahern

slu72

Hte apology was to you Hardball. I was wrong about him starting every game. But, I have never said I wouldn't have liked to have him or Tatum on the team or have I ever said that Stremler would be a bust at IU. I would have really loved to have Tatum on the team.

B,no apology necessary. I was just busting your chops a little. I just get sick of the Kool-Aid Club who rip on players that should be part of the Billiken program. All in an effort to protect BS. I wish we had Ahearn,Tatum, Shaw and Stemler. And because we don't people continue take pot shots at the kids character games started or projected playing time at their new school.

>As i have said before I would like to have Ahearn on the

>team. Is he in the top 20 sg in the country? No. I would

>take KL above him. Ahearn is a nice player, but he has his

>flaws. He has been in and out of Hinson's doghouse and

>starting line-up for the past three years. I don't think he

>would start for the Bills this year. I do think he could

>have been a nice contributor.

You dont think he would start for the Bills this year? You are delusional. We've spent all summer speculating who the third guard would be with Tommie and Kevin. Luke, Danny, and Dustin are not on Blake's level. Also Missouri State had a pretty good argument to make the make the NCAA tournament, but they were the odd man out considering so many teams from the valley got in.

it's good to see you can visit this site periodically in the offseason and still see the obsession with Blake Ahearn. Those who cried about not wanting the offeseason board - just think this would be a perfect thread for that board.

the funny thing is there are very few people who don't think passing on Ahearn was a mistake.

The only one I can think of who is adamant that we should have passed on him is Roy ... anyone else

But on this board ... you must either completely agree with everything UB does and say's ... or you must want him fired.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

A rhetorical question: why in the hell would Jamaal Tatum, or any other Saluki, not want to play on a team that has been to the NCAAs five consecutive years (one of fifteen teams in DI), as opposed to a team that has been ZERO times to the NCAA in that timeframe? Your collective ignorance is exceeded only by your collective egos.

Damn.

Hey idiot ... how do you get collective from one guy saying we should have gotten him or any other Saluki. Most of us didn't want him anyway. Shoot it enough, it's bound to go in once in awhile. Tatum is not why you guys are good. Look up collective in a dictionary ... and didn't we beat you last year?

Next ... why are you on our board? Are we important to you? I have never been to a SIU board ... mainly because I couldn't give a crap. I think it's nice though that you care enough to honor us with you presence.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

>

>Hey idiot ... how do you get collective from one guy saying

>we should have gotten him or any other Saluki. Most of us

>didn't want him anyway. Shoot it enough, it's bound to go in

>once in awhile. Tatum is not why you guys are good. Look up

>collective in a dictionary ... and didn't we beat you last

>year?

>

> Next ... why are you on our board? Are we important to you?

>I have never been to a SIU board ... mainly because I

>couldn't give a crap. I think it's nice though that you care

>enough to honor us with you presence.

>

> Official Billikens.com sponsor of H

>Waldman

They were a different team when the freshman replaced Dale in the starting lineup. He added outstanding defense and great passing. It changed the team's makeup and moved Tatum more off the ball. it made all the difference in the world. Even more than Luke moving into our starting lineup. And several people in this thread were dissing Ahearn. He is a heck of a ballplayer. Great outside shooter who is one of the top free throw shooters ever and is a safe bet to be the all-time leader percentage wise.

Check out page four of the following website...interesting that Ahearn's name is on an NBA recruiting list...

http://www.collegebasketballnews.com/4thmdn.pdf

I guess if Ahearn is recruited to the NBA for the next century or so we can continue to agree to disagree that he wasn't good enough to wear Billiken Blue...but he was good enough for the NBA...nor was he good enough to play in our confernce...and oh yeah...any NBA team that would even consider him would definitely not be considered "experts" in in way...shape...or form...

Yea, Ahern is right up there with Marcus Arnold(Illinois benchwarming PF) on Chris Monter's "watch list," NOT an NBA recruiting list. Sorry to dash your hopes, but Ahern will do well in Europe.

There are a long list of NBA players who were drafted that couldn't make it. FWIW, I'm sure most SLU fans are very happy Ahern is a BMOC at MS. Bully for him! Just tell him to score a point or two in the postseason.

SheltieDave,

I don't know from where your sarcasm looms...but...my point is this...here is just "another" list of a non-expert that Ahearn's name appears. I am not saying that Ahearn has any chance at the NBA....but anybody who does has to at least be listed on some kind of a list I would imagine...and again...his name appears yet on "another" list. Some people out there must appreciate his talents even if we don't...so lighten up for god sakes!

Blake is a good shooter if he is open. He would have helped the Bills last year if he hit open shots. He is also a fantastic free throw shooter. Nothing else about his game is even remotely good enough to be ranked in the top 20. I went to the finals of the MVC tournament last year and he was absolutely terrible. The guy who guarded him stayed on him and he could not hit a shot. Maybe he just went to a school that was perfect for him.