kfns renews with the bills

bills16

kshoe ... I agree 100%. I have direct not charter, but I am glad to be a ble to go somewhere to see them play. It's not the best situation ... but I'd rather be important to Charter and KFNS than a second or third thought to FSMW and KMOX

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman

None of that is any excuse for the university not streaming, for free (they can sell advertising), radio and television broadcasts for their fans and alumni who are in various places outside of St. Louis and/or can't/don't get Charter and KFNS. Heck, they can even charge a reasonable amount for streaming the television broadcasts -- just make them as widely available as possible. (That's only if they really want to be big-time.) Doesn't the school have a communications major/department that could benefit from something like I've suggested?

Are you sure that FSN Midwest programming in St. Louis still serves other major metro areas? I know when the network first debuted a decade or so ago they tried to combine the St. Louis, KC, and Indy markets into one consolidated market that was being produced out of Pittsburgh (I have no idea why). It was my understanding that they realized shortly thereafter that there was little commonality among these markets and therefore shifted to separate programming in each metro market under the Fox Sports Midwest banner. In fact, I have never seen a Royals or Pacers game broadcast on FSN in St. Louis. I believe that they recently moved the production out of Pittsburgh to studios in the office buildings just south of Union Station.

See http://msn.foxsports.com/regional?categoryId=277

If you look at the left column, you will see programming divided among the "Cardinals Viewing Area," "Royals Viewing Area," "Indiana Viewing Area," and "All Viewing Areas."

But if you take a circle around St. Louis and draw for 100-150 miles that is likely the "Cardinals" viewing area. that covers a lot of middle Missouri. As we know, Missouri is a state that roughly half the people live in the cities and half live in the countryside.

If you make the simplifying assumptions that interest in St. Louis is about equal between MU and SLU (I'm sure some on both sides will disagree) but in the countryside the interest in SLU is minimal while interest in the Tigers is strong, you have twice as many viewers for Mizzou. Add in the fact that they can televise the same broadcast to the KC viewers and the other side of the state, you see why it makes much more sense for them to have Mizzou basketball over SLU.

The best way to make that change is to become a big time program and one that even people outside of St. Louis have an interest in.

I think the regional coverage that Fox can bring would make it worth the occasional scheduling conflict. As someone pointed out, XU games are on Fox. Do you think there might be some overlap with OSU, Cincy, Kentucky, Louisville, etc.?

What do recuits think? Geez, I'll get to play on local access cable and maybe hit the duece once a season!

It's time SLU fans quit settling for half-hearted efforts by the athletic department. They need somebody in that department with a little media savvy.

I think roy is barking up the wrong tree with his attacks on Timmerman (he should be badgering the editor, not the reporter). However, I'l give him credit in that he's one of the few SLU fans who cares about how much exposure the team gets.

I don't disagree with what your points; however, the bottom line is still about money. There is plenty of air time to share for both SLU and MU on FSN. The issue is whether SLU can produce the $$$ required for an established production/distribution partner like FSN.

Yes,but you MUST have Sportpac.

I agree the A-10 is a lifesaver,with Fox-Ohio,Fox-Cincinnati,and NESN being A-10 friendly.

I went to Illinois-Champain Urbana and to Slu for two degrees and I hate Mi$$ou, Laurie, Savvis, the jerks who tore down the old Arena and can't understand anyone who doesn't recognize SLU for being the finest school within 150 miles when you consider teaching faculty, student body, sports acitvities, access to pro sports venues, real city living. forest park, the muny, etc. I tried living in Michigan for 18 years and my brothers said St. Louis did nothing but get better while I was gone. I don't want to take full credit so if Billphan and some others could move away for a similar amount of time maybe we could have another resurgence. I think I hate Mi$$ou more.