Billikens get preseason rank

Duquesne recieved votes but was not ranked. No other A-10 teams listed.

CSN ranks the Bills recruiting class as 20th. Jimmy Holmes, Tim Ream, and Scott Wisnieski are among their 100 freshman to watch list.

I don't know if we will be better than 27th or not. I would hope so, but The idea that the season is a bust if we are not in the championship game is off.

I think health we be important, plus we have quite a few newcomers. We need Pat D to be healthy all year. If he is, he can be a difference maker. He hasn't been yet so I think it may be a stretch to expect it. Brian G is also a key. He is a very steadying influence in the midfield. He is talented and makes smart plays with the ball, but he missed all of last year. I don't know much about the newcomers but the recruiting class was ranked (I don't remember, but I think around 20th) by College Soccer News. A couple of the newcomers have some gawdy numbers ... I don't think we have the absolute stud of some of the past years ... but my understanding is that it is a deep talented class.

Courtside and SLUBALLS can probably give a better assessment of the incoming class than I can

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H Waldman