Horace Dixon taking summer class, classes at Slu?

GOSLU68

We must still have those qualifying summer school pre-acceptance trial classes. Does anyone know how we clear students for admission? Horace evidently has done fine in the summer classroom and will have no troubles getting started; that is why he was not practising until he got some feedback about his academic capability. Makes you wonder how

Randy Pulley and was it Jeremy Skiles who left SLU for SEMO got in under the wire.

Wish I could answer your question, but based on a thread a few days ago I thought the team played pick-up game M-Th at around 5:00. Went to Bauman-Eberdardt yesterday and saw JJ and DB shooting around and one "fan in the stands." No one else there.

the same way all other NCAA schools do (except the Ivy's and Stanford). If they qualify per the NCAA clearinghouse they qualify for SLU. Pulley and Biles both qualified out of highschool (GPA + a minimum SAT/ACT test score) so they did not need to take any classes prior to school.

Our qualifications for juco kids is a different story but Horace is not a juco.

Are you sure Horace is taking classes because he has to and not just because the staff would like to have him on campus and it just make sense if you are on campus during the summer to start taking classes?

It only makes sense that if you have the opportunity to get a head-start you should do it.

If nothing else, it gives you more breathing room and the opportunity to take fewer hours during the normal semester which would be incredibly busy between school, practices, travel and games.

Thanks to Nark for the use of the Billiken

I stopped by today around 5 because I was told it was 4:30 - 6 M-TH. Nobody was there, so I checked with the basketball office and was told they started early and had just left; however. next week would again be the 4:30 start, so I'll try again then.

>Can you really be this out of touch with modern reality?

>This post is absurd. Are you really a racist or are you just

>stupid? Steve, this should be wiped out immediately.

Yeah, the level of civility on this board has really improved now that we got rid of the offsesaon board... not! Racist posts are allowed to stand, but comments critical of our President's failing war get wiped out.

>Yeah, Pulley was no doubt the Icehouse Playa of the Game.

>

>http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/6556/flavaflav0wg.jpg

>

>http://www.offthewallonline.com/images-pap.../red-stripe.jpg

If you're going to call someone the Icehouse Playa of the Game shouldn't you show an advertisement for Icehous instead of Red Stripe? It doesn't make much sense unless your point was to just show a random black person because you think that's funny.

>I was wrong. You are the problem.

>:)

>

>Seriously though, Are you helping? No.

>

>

>Go watch Loose Change again and start dreaming of

>impeachment you freaking pinko...... ;)

There's no problem. Everything is fine because the offseason board is gone. Look at the quality of posts the last few days. :)

And those US Generals who spoke in front of Congress yesterday must be part of the "Hate America First" crowd because they said the exact same thing I said a couple years ago. Mission accomplished!!!

You are an incredibly insensitive and clueless individual. I assume you are 13 years old so you do not know the import of the things you are posting. If you are not a teenager then you need to quickly learn what is viewed as insulting to minorities and then STOP what you are doing. This is ridiculous!

Metz, are you seriously making fun of Horace Dixon for taking summer classes before he enters SLU? You took summer classes at SLU prior to your freshman year! That's how my roommate met you in the first place. Did it help your reading, 'righting, and 'rithmatic?

How could you make fun of a kid doing the same thing you did? I can't believe that you're being this hypocritical, unless you're just being racist, as others have suggested. I hate to call you out like this, but you've thrown my name in about a dozen posts (unprovoked), and I really don't appreciate it. That includes this weekend, when I was having a good time at Lollapalooza, and I return to work check billikens.com to see you putting my name in posts I hadn't even read yet- not cool.

Moral of the story: don't make fun of your fellow summer school student. I'm sure HD doesn't appreciate that.