Tigerboard Take on dixon....

One person's perspective. Nice to see but still need to see the proog in the performance.

Makes me feel a little better. Not really higher or lower if it were negative. Take it for what its worth.

that remains to be seen. i see no reason they will get any sort of free pass.

now that said, i like anderson. what he did at uab was good stuff and imo showed why arkansas was what it was back in the 90's.

I also like Anderson. I think he will have Mizzou turned around pretty quickly. I haven't heard anything about him or from him that doesn't say class. I hope he does get them on track. I don't think the way to get good is by hoping your competition sucks.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Agreed, Skip. As much as I have disliked Mizzou for a number of reasons over the years (the biggest being that they won't play SLU), Anderson hasn't given us any reason not to like him, and hopefully he can turn the program around and help them win again. That said, I still want to keep all the best local recruits away from him (Griffey doesn't really want to play 40 minutes of hell, does he?)

the difference between snyder and anderson are monsterous. if even a smideon of the rumors and stories about snyder are true, he was just a bad person. i have never heard a single bad thing about anderson.

what is amazing is that a school the size of mi$$ouri didnt do more homework on snyder before hiring the guy. you cant tell me he became the devil overnite.

the other amazing snyder reign that amazes me is that the school did nothing up front to lay the law down. he cheated almost immediately to get johnson and paulding signed and no one apparently did a thing. why should anyone be surprised it continued and morphed thereafter.

Snyder just seemed like he was totally in over his head. Anderson is a proven entity, and if I were a Mizzou fan, I'd feel pretty confident about his ability to turn the program around.

I never liked to play UAB. I'm still bitter about how they ruined our run to glory in '03 by knocking us out of the CUSA tournament in a great game. Marque and the boys did everything they could to win that game, and we lost by a point.

You are probably right ... lets hope we can change that over the next few years.

Official Billikens.com sponsor of H. Waldman and loyal subject of Billsboy and all ex D1 players and coaches everywhere. You da man Billsboy

Q thought he could win just by recruiting top 50 talent and putting them on the floor. Anderson doesn't strike me as that type at all. I don't expect Mizzery to land as much big name talent as Q did, but they'll win a lot more games. Anderson requires a lot out of his guys and they don't all get 30 mpg...who could at that pace? Not gonna find many prima donnas who want to play in that system.

I think you are exactly right. Snyder is obviously a bright guy, but he made a leap into something that he simply was not prepared for. Anderson, on the other hand, is more than prepared.

Given that the two programs are much more on equal footing now, especially with our new arena coming on line soon, I wonder if we should really be pressing for a renewal of the series. I don't like playing Mizzou in the first place so I am probably biased, but I think with our recent local recruiting successes, do we really NEED to play them?

I don't think we ever NEEDED to play them. Being from TN, I really know very little about MU athletics other than there bball team and what i hear on this board. I don't think I've ever met an MU football fan face to face. Basically, I'm saying that I'm unbiased when it comes to Mizzou.

That being said, I really think this is a game that needs to be played. I'm a huge fan of instate games. Everybody is a winner. The teams, the fans, the state. It brings in a ton of money and is often the talk of the state for a few weeks. It's a lot of fun.

Undoubtedly somebody will say, well Mizzou doens't care about SLU. Is that really the case? I know, the Illini rivaly is huge...and I'm not saying that would go away or be diminished, but just look at the attendence and outcomes of our previous three games. They were AWESOME. I doubt any bball fan could dispute that. Intense games, intense fans, last second shots. What's to lose? The two biggest progams in the state going head to head every year.

SLU doesn't have a rival, but I have a very hard time believing that after 3-4 years of playing this game, that it would not develop into an intest rivalry for both schools. A two hour drive from STL. Thousands of Alums in the city. It just makes sense.

You are probably right about the potential for a rivalry except that in addition to the Illinois rivalry that Mizzou has, Kansas is just as big of a rival, if not bigger. I think it would be hard to have three major rivalries. That said, it kind of sucks that we really don't have a major rivalry anymore (if ever).

I spoke with the coach of a D1 school in South Carolina this week and asked him about HD. First of all, he guessed that I was from St. Louis. Then he added that HD had improved significantly in the past two years. The coach stated that he really goes after the ball, but needed more work on his shot.

I don't think it makes "a difference", but I certainly appreciate when people pass on this information and hope they continue to do so. That is the main point of this board to discuss and read about the Billikens!!!! ;-)

I have no reasons to specifically think that Anderson will or will not be successfull at MU. However, just because he was at UAB does not mean he will be at MU. I know it does not mean that he won't but the truth is it is harder to do it on a bigger stage in a different place. Anderson was from the town and was locally well known. He is not from here nor is he well known around Missouri. I think it would be prudent to simply let this play out before people throw in the towel.