Morris's scholarship

davidlee

I was wondering what folks thoughts were about using Morris's scholarship.

If SLU decides to use 4 scholarships this year instead of 3, do they go for another guard or just stay with Polk? If they decide on another guard do they look at Monroe Jr., Murkey from Gateway, Jones from Belleville West or someone else(I have seen Reed from Iowa mentioned and another from Wisc.) I haven't heard anything about Dintman(sp)from Carbondale. I saw him a couple of times and liked him.

I would be interested in what others think.

Anyone out there like a Reggie Bryant looking for a team? If Denard qualified let's go ahead and get him if not maybe some transfer. There might not be enough time school starts Monday (I think). We wouldn't want the new recruit to miss any Oriflamme events and then they wouldn't know anyone on their floor and would be isolated. Also alot of the classes are already filled he might get stuck taking Theology 101 with a really hard professor like I did.

if i had to pick from murkey, jones, dentman and douglas, i would pick either dentman or jones. my guess though is that other than shaw, we may be done with area recruiting and any other players would come from the outside. i say that only because it doesnt appear we are recruiting any of the above guards now. maybe that would change with another scholarship in hand and a guard now gone though.

this is a great thought. it is inevitable that some disgruntled very good players will want to transfer before christmas. it would be nice to be in position to offer a scholarship.

It's been a long time since I last posted since I've been pretty busy this summer, but I was wondering...aren't we still recruiting Liddell? I was just wondering because Roy mentioned Shaw was the only area recruit he thought we were going after. Are we assuming he won't have the grades or do we think we've lost out to Marquette to get him? He was at the Louisville game to see probably the most amazing game I've ever attended (regardless of what sport it was), so had to make at least some impression on him. He would definitely look great wearing the "SLU blue"!

"Praises we sing, to you our alma mater,

Praise to the white and blue.

Our hymn shall ring, in tribute strong to you,

We hail Saint Louis U."

i totally disagree. i think that a point guard was only a target with morris because he apparently was such an outstanding pure point guard that fit coach soderberg's role perfectly. i am betting that it will be morris or nothing point guard wise with that scholarship if it is used this year. remember, you have polk coming next year and hopefully lisch the following with drejaj here for 3 more seasons. i.e. point will be covered.

actually if you think about the level he is playing in high school, imo, only hughes, winfield and maybe douglas sr exceed the young mr liddell. remember, bonner was a late bloomer and claggett was somewhat an unknown outside of the area when in high school, edwin was coming off of a senior season he didnt even play. liddell would be a huge pickup imo. i would love to see him wear billiken blue even if we have to wait an additional year via prep or prop status.

While I've never actually seen Liddell play, he sounds like quite the stud. I remember Nate saying a few weeks ago that him and Polk could take SLU to "the big dance" two or three years in a row. If he's as good as you guys say he is, maybe we should hold a schollie for him if he has to go to prep school? I would think he'd rather come here than Marquette since he's practically guaranteed immediate playing time and that might not be the case at Marquette. If we could get a player of his caliber and possibly Lisch the next year, I think we would definitely be a team to fear in C-USA (or whatever Conference we'll be in) for years to come...not that we're not already, however! Afterall, we did finish 4th in the conference last year!

We hail Saint Louis U."

>actually if you think about the level he is playing in high

>school, imo, only hughes, winfield and maybe douglas sr

>exceed the young mr liddell. remember, bonner was a late

>bloomer and claggett was somewhat an unknown outside of the

>area when in high school, edwin was coming off of a senior

>season he didnt even play. liddell would be a huge pickup

>imo. i would love to see him wear billiken blue even if we

>have to wait an additional year via prep or prop status.

I'll concede Larry Hughes because after all he was a Mcdonald's

All-American, but I did compete against Claggett and Winfield,

although Winfield was extremely athletic he did not have the

overall talent of Liddell. He was about 6'3 and could jump out

of the gym but his skills were limited to that of a small forward.

Liddell could legitimately play the 1 to the 3 in college. If he played the 2 exclusively he would be dominate with his shot blocking

ability.

If Morris can play here,keep a spot for him even if he can`t play till second semester(honor his commitment to him,I mean he chose us).If,this is not possible ,what about a former 1st team JUCO All-American?What happened to Joel Shelton?Is he even still available?

Well since Marquette is supposedly out of the running, that's great news for Brad and the Bills! Do we know what other schools are going after him? If Marquette was the biggest name then I like our chances. If we could get him and Shaw to commit, to go along with Polk, then I would be very happy with that recruiting class! When was the last time we had a recruiting class that solid? Don't get me wrong, I know none of them have even signed with us yet and we don't even know if Tommie or Shaw will pick us, but isn't it fun to think about?

We hail Saint Louis U."

If Morris isn't eligible for a semester, then I would use the scholarship elsewhere. You don't take a risk with ineligble jucos, only high school and prep school players.

If I were the staff, I would see if John Lucas III is interesed, and, if he is not, I would use the scholarship this fall. As others have pointed out, this gives the staff the luxury of taking a chance on Tommie Lidell without having to pass on a third eligible recruit.

You would have too see if Too`s mom would let him out of her basement first.(Just messing with you Too)Miss your posts,when you stir things up.

Brad needs to make it known to Liddell that he is a priority for SLU. Right now many schools have backed off Liddell because of the grade issues and he's ripe for the grabbing by SLU. Having to wait a year isn't a bad thing - as a Marquette grad myself I have no complaints with having to wait a year for Dwyane Wade!