Floyd

Quickdraw

With the Morris development, the issue of Floyd McClain seems more critical than ever. Weeks ago, those who were updating us on the players' pickup games said that Floyd was sometimes in attendance. Mention was made that he seemed a bit rusty. That would be understandable. But what is the general impression at this point? Is the kid healthy? Is he getting his game back? Is Coach inclined to include him in team planning? I had the feeling in the past that the general attitude was worse than a "wait and see" and more of a "fat chance!" But are things more hopeful?

I have been told from people that said they heard it from Floyd that he is ready to play this year. While not playing he had put on some weight (not muscle) but he has dropped that weight and feels better than he has for some time.

I hope Floyd realizes with Morris out now, it gives him a real shot at playing time this year. He has a couple months before the season starts, that is plenty of time to get in shape if he isn't already, and it is plenty of time to shake some of the rust off. I don't expect him to be a difference maker like he may have been before the injuries but I think he will surprise some people and give some decent contributions.