Talk about censorship

MUTGR

venue to post messages as opposed to the Billiken board which only has one. Most Division 1 college message boards have basketball, football, general message and bullcrap boards in order to voice your opinions. Please humor me Little Boy Roy as I am very bored tonight and just love to hear you rant. We need to lighten this board up a little bit, don't you think?

Believe me, I know what your feelings towards MU are. My only point is you are still apparently wanting action taken with regards to Johnson and Paulding, several years after the NCAA took action, which obviously did not incude declaring them ineligible. So while you may personally feel that harsher penalties were called for, the NCAA's own governing body did not. That's like second guessing a prosecutor's decision years after he determined that a particular defendant reaslly only committed a misdemeanor. It seems silly to me to still be griping about that. If your point is that has been part of a pattern of cheating or shady conduct, I now agree with you. If your point is they should still be punished for flying in Johnson and Paulding's parents on a charter jet instead of on a commercial flight, I disagree with you. The NCAA ruled. That's over and done with. Furthermore, the NCAA has declared Conley eligible, so I disagree that MU should out of the goodness of its own heart declare him ineligible.

I'm a university of Missouri fan, period. That doesn't mean I will blindly support Snyder or anyone else. I was a Missouri fan long before Snyder ever set foot in Missouri, and I'll be a Missouri fan long after he leaves. I don't like having to defend his actions, and at this point I won't. I still hope all this blows over, and Snyder finally cleans up his act, or Alden does it for him. But I am frankly embarrassed by the news that's been swirling around the basketball program. If those thoughts bother you or Nick or anyone else, that's too bad.

mutiger said, "If your point is that has been part of a pattern of cheating or shady conduct, I now agree with you."

that is exactly my point.

as to conley, i only used the example of conley as another example of where missouri overstepped, yet still took the spoils. whereas, washington took themselves out of the running of their target. you were the one that said if i am attacking snyder and missouri then romar and washington should face the same music. i was only pointing out that the songs arent the same.