Interesting that no one

lefty

who has talked of UB's KFNS hour yesterday mentioned his comment that ALL schools commit and report violations.Roy came the closest but really just glossed over it. It's not a bad thing to own up.It was also interesting to hear Frank discuss Grawer's admissions of buying coats etc. and giving money to kids for various reasons. I'm just curious why it wasn't mentioned.

i did not hear any of the first 15 minutes and did not hear any discussion in the half hour i listened to the interview about ncaa infractions or penalties. i do not think i addressed it a bit in my synopsis.

I heard the first 15-18 minutes and those comments were not mentioned in that timeframe. But, I get the feeling, as mentioned in my previous post that Frankie C. may have had an agenda with this topic area. Perhaps, he was trying to put his friend, Coach Quin, in a better light. Only FC knowns for sure. But imho, it is too bad that Frank didn't call Coach Grawer (a frequent visitor to his show) and allow Rich to talk about those instances/violations himself.

and he did mention that he wouldn't be surprised if all schools commit secondary violations. He also mentioned that he probably didn't follow every rule in the NCAA handbook, but that there was a difference between blatantly disregarding rules and unknowingly breaking a rule here and there. He did say that he doesn't know of any schools that paid off recruits with money, but has heard second-hand of schools who offered recruits money. He refused to commit to what percentage those schools were. He also stated that he has ran into families who expected schools to pay them off in return for recruiting their sons when he was at Wisconsin. He hasn't recalled running into that during his stint at SLU.

In summary, I still contend that the reason why SLU didn't release any information about their compliance with NCAA regulations is because they have committed at least some secondary violations.

AJ, what do you base your opinion on ... just a feeling? I can't imagine any private institution or business opening upmtheir records to scrutiny if they don't have to. Denying the Post to look at their records isn't a cover up. It is just smart