Donations to SLU

Fredo

At least two years ago, some wealthy donor found the name "Baby Blues" politically incorrect and pressured someone, probably the good father, to eliminate it. So now, in the grand tradition of fine marketing of our athletic department, the St. Louis University dance squad is known as the St. Louis University Dance Squad. (SLUDS, anyone?)

I've noticed, however, that the clever marketing isn't limited to the athletic department anymore. The Business School now invites one and all to sleep through their MBA. Brilliant!

Just avoid the middleman (Woolard) and make sure the program you want gets the money. You can always donate directly to the band (hint hint). We're a very welcoming bunch.

I bet a million would get the Baby Blues monniker returned to its rightful place in history. I'm still ticked off over that one. It rolls off the tounge doesnt it, "The Saint Louis University Billiken Dance Team". Why have a catchy name like Baby Blues when you have that mouthful. geesh. FWIW...I dont think Fr Beyondme had anything to do with the change..it was all woolard bending over backwards to the person donating her husbands money. She didnt even go to SLU!!

I would guess that a $1 million donation to the band would buy a lot of Jell-O shots, eh? That's right, I've heard the stories about what the band does while on road trips. :) Or better yet, maybe we could send you guys to band camp. After watching American Pie, it doesn't sound like such a bad idea. As long as no flutes get lodged in any sensitive orifices.

I would watch it a bit. Last time we started ripping on the name changer. One of our posters had a face to face encounter with the name changer. We mentioned her name then, we haven't yet. But I am just warning ya, I think she reads the board, at least she did 2 years ago.

Steve

"I've noticed, however, that the clever marketing isn't limited to the athletic department anymore. The Business School now invites one and all to sleep through their MBA. Brilliant!"

Are you being facetious or is there some story behind this comment?