Free throw shooting and the newcomers

ACE

Anybody know how the newcomers shoot free throws? That's such a huge part of the game that often gets overlooked, especially since I see us playing a lot of close games as usual.

Frerichs, Johnson, Bryant, Morris, Ian????

i will guess morris shoots great free throws and after that you have averages in the 50's and 60's. but i have no stats to back that up.

fyi, kevin lisch shot 90% last year as a sophomore in h.s.

Morris shot in the low 80s last year.

Frericks was a good ft shooter for a big man, low 70s

CLarke I imagine can shoot them but will be inconsistent his first year.

Ian had decent ft numbers and got to the line frequently at WJC. He probably shot in the 70s.

No idea on Bryant but he is a good shooter with experience, he should be able to ahndle himself at the line.

wow! i would be estatic if torch's free throw numbers turn out to be accurate. it would probably be the best free throw shooting team the billikens have ever had. or at least since h, clags and scott.

fyi....

In his freshman year at Villanova, Reggie Bryant shot 95% 35/37 and in his sophmore year he shot 73% 29/40.

As a freshman at UAB, Frericks shot only 46% 13/28. Last year at Chipola he shot 60% from the FT line.

At Iowa Western, Brandon Morris shot 83% in his freshman year and 79% in his sophmore year.

Darren Clarke was a 72% FT shooter in his senior year.

But that is not what you said.

Obviously an average over a longer period is more relevant than a single game (Shaq was 12-12 in his final college game). I have no idea how good a FT shooter Ian is and will be; but he did NOT shoot well in the World Juniors.

>fyi....

>

>In his freshman year at Villanova, Reggie Bryant shot 95%

>35/37 and in his sophmore year he shot 73% 29/40.

>

>As a freshman at UAB, Frericks shot only 46% 13/28. Last

>year at Chipola he shot 60% from the FT line.

>

>At Iowa Western, Brandon Morris shot 83% in his freshman

>year and 79% in his sophmore year.

>

>Darren Clarke was a 72% FT shooter in his senior year.

Thanks for the numbers. Frerichs has to be better than Kenny and it sounds like we should feel pretty good about having the ball in Morris or Bryant's hands late in the game. That's good because Anthony was pretty shaky at the line and I don't have a lot of confidence in Fisher's stroke, although his ft percentage might be a little better than I'm giving him credit for.