stuff

the streets have been talking a little bit.

word on the street was that dennard abraham has achieved his test score and is eligible. for those who don't remember, he was the 6'9" pf from maryland who visited during the spring. he has received some offers, but i don't know if he has signed or not. maybe, some of our billikenboard surfers can check the recruiting sites to see if he has signed recently.

anyway, the word was that abraham loved his visit and would have committed because he and reggie and buddies, but he didn't have the score at the time of the visit. meanwhile husak and vouyoukas came on board, so there is no scholly for this year.

if he hasn't signed, there is a possibllity that he might attend juco for a year and become a billiken as part of the class of 2004. might be a long shot, but who knows. if he has signed with somebody, then this is all moot.

as of now, i don't believe that matt shaw has been offered a scholly. he was injured at the peach jam, but still played.

liddell has been offered the scholly. i've also heard that prep school is a good possibility if he does not qualify as opposed to sitting out as a prop. if he doesn't qualify, slu would love to see him in a prep school and sign him with next year's class and still have four years of eligibility. but, i've also heard that marquette has made great inroads. maybe jalensdad can shed some light on these subjects.

tommie, just get the score, come to slu and don't worry about having to fight dameon mason for minutes at the same spot.

taj gray may be a long shot. all of the biggies are getting in on him.

they are still waiting on luke meyer. i've only seen him play once, so i admit i don't know everything about him. somebody (maybe 3-star) convince me that he is worthy. i just haven't seen enough.

word on the street is kevin lisch's mother would love to see her son stay home and attend slu. (is this true, billiken roy?).

question for butter. slu has a commit for polk from vashon. plus they reportedly have offers out to meyer, liddell, lisch as well as kyle kirk. to my count, that's five pretty good players. so, are you still telling us that they are not recruiting st. louis players.

well, gotta go buy the knicks

bad boyz for life

>> word on the street was that dennard abraham has achieved his test score and is eligible. for those who don't remember, he was the 6'9" pf from maryland who visited during the spring. he has received some offers, but i don't know if he has signed or not. maybe, some of our billikenboard surfers can check the recruiting sites to see if he has signed recently.

anyway, the word was that abraham loved his visit and would have committed because he and reggie and buddies, but he didn't have the score at the time of the visit. meanwhile husak and vouyoukas came on board, so there is no scholly for this year.

if he hasn't signed, there is a possibllity that he might attend juco for a year and become a billiken as part of the class of 2004. might be a long shot, but who knows. if he has signed with somebody, then this is all moot.<<

Does make one wish we had banked a scholarship instead of taking on the Husak project. Hope Bryce turns out to be more than a 10 minute per game backup center at some point in his career. Abraham and Ian as our new bigs from the 2003 class would have been interesting.

That is a tough one, maybe waiting on Dennard would have been the smarter thing to do.

Two reasons not to do that

1. Can't get his grades together who knows if he could last at SLU. If Brad upon meeting him thought he would eventually be able to qualify before the year and been able to hack it a tSLU wouldn't he have offered?

2. Last year we were recruiting till tha last minute and lost time on this years recruits. I am not surprised that maybe he was a little hasty to get this recruiting class over with and not lose any ground on next years.

Kyle Kirk, I have heard he is going to CBC, is this true?

Torch,

When I talked to Kyle Kirk at the Nike Hoop Jamboree I asked him about all the rumors he was transferring to DeSmet. He told me he was going to go to CBC, and then soon after told me he was just kidding and that he isn't planning on changing schools.

I've heard a couple times now that Kirk is going to CBC, but I doubt it. He'd had to sit out an entire year and would then be eligible for his final two years of high school. CBC might need Kyle Kirk, but he doesn't need CBC.

- Nate

the abraham rumor might explain the no offer to shaw more than we know. wouldnt bother me to hold it for a year while abraham plays a year at a juco or something else.

the scholly wasn't going to be offered unless he qualified, plus sodes was hell bent on bringing in the husak project. if abraham had qualified, he would have gotten the scholly and ian would not have been pursued.

i think liddell may be the first player who has been offered before being qualified.

bad boyz for life

if I never told you before ... great stuff!!! ... keep it coming.

I am at a loss, however, how can such a knowledgable person with a good head on his shoulders be *duped* into buying the knicks?????

must have lots of disposable income at your beck and call, eh!!!!