Here's an interesting take on Clemons from a Boone Coun

MUTGR

...I have one request. Defend SLU and billikens.com posters when tigerboard posters like Lerxst (the jerk) start wailing on this community for being obsessed with Mizzou.

First of all, most of the Mizzou discussion on this board is started and/or spurred on by Mizzou fans. Second, how is it that billikens.com posters are so wrongly "obsessed" about Mizzou to have a couple of threads mentioning the Tigers every now and then, but tigerboard posters can read this board and mention SLU on occasion without being "obsessed" with SLU?

Slu is rarely mentioned by anybody on that board really, except for the one guy you mentioned. I think the real difference is the longest threads on this board seem to be anything Mizzou related. And on the rare times I've seen a SLU mention on tigerboard the thread doesn't drag on forever like the Mizzou threads here and the one posting is usually that guy you mentioned. Kansas is a different story. You'll have Mizzou posters over there talking and ripping on Kansas all day long.

jwd, maybe the strings dont carry on on the tigerboard because we billiken fans rarely visit that board to post. we let the tigerfans have their say in their house. here, it seems enough tigerfans love to show up try to always put us in our place and for whatever reason, we take exception to that. my guess is that the strings would quickly die if the tiger fans that post here wouldnt always be so sure about putting us down or defending the tigers over the billikens in our own house.

...Mizzou would be discussed here as little as SLU is discussed on Tigerboard if it weren't for the persistent presence of Mizzou supporters like yourself, MUTGR, and aj_arete.

Mind you, I honestly don't have a problem with your presence or your posts, at all. It's just that I don't think what a couple of tigerboard posters are saying about billikens.com posters is fair or merited.

Well said Roy .. I have never been on the Tiger Board ... but I'm sure if I was to go on and start a Bill's post and trash the tigers, the thread would continue as often and as long as I responded. I've been surprised since I've been reading here on the Bill's board, how many Tiger fan's post here

I don't think you guys are obsessed with Mizzou (Billiken Roy may be an exception :) I can understand Mizzou being discussed here when we make news for crap like Clemons. It makes for good discussion that's for sure. But when the "Romar gets probation" thread starts and somehow that immediatly turned into a Mizzou gets probation discussion, that may give people that read the board the idea that you're obsessed a little.

If you went on tigerboard and ripped the Tigers and trumped up the Bills and then tried to defend your point of view, the Tigers fans would just gang up and mob you off the board with its new feature, "mob rule." I don't think it would take more than 30 minutes for them to suspend you so that you couldn't post until the next day.

Let's put it this way, if billikens.com's board had that feature, aj_arete would easily have gotten suspended for his "What's SLU hiding?" post and replies the other day.

Just a quick look at the board I see about 20 threads on the first page and only 2 have anything to do with mizzou. And one was started by a mizzou fan. The longest threads were about the billikens and of course aj's thread.

Mizzou is going to come up on the board every once in a while when talking about area recruits like grimes and so forth and about SLU playing mizzou. Other than that mizzou doesn't come up. Any small metion of tigers and the 3 or 4 tiger fans show up and continue the discussion towards mizzou. Without this clemons thing going on mizzou wouldn't get mentioned more than a couple times a month.

Frankly I find mizzou discussion's mostly irrelevant and I have no idea why mizzou fans come here other than to bother us. I have no interest in going to tigerboard or anything else like that, although I do like to trade jabs with tiger fans on stltoday forums.

What I love is that the poster saying this board was obsessed with Mizzou got the web address wrong. We haven't been at Billikenboard.com in 2 years... Now that guy is a smart one...

Steve

Thanks for the link, MU, it was an interesting read.

Can you answer the unanswered question in the article ... what's the scuttle butt on how Ricky got to Floyd's to begin with? Seems to me the author is on to something. What's the rumor doing to feed an answer? If a member of the athletic staff knowingly helped Ricky violate conditions of his sentencing, what does that say? Your thoughts ......

I have no idea how Ricky got to Floyd's house, and I agree it's a good question. Even though Alden has officially cut ties with Clemons, I'm afraid we haven't heard the last about his association with MU.

I didn't mean to get you fired up. I just thought it was an interesting take on a recent event that everyone seems to be interested in. Believe me, I have no intention of posting MU related articles on a regular basis, but it seems everyone has some interest in this Clemons' fiasco. I aslo thought it would suprise some on this forum that such a suprisingly candid opinion would be written by someone from Boone County.

I really did appreciate your posting the link. I read the piece and found it interesting. But I also note the irony of the entire situation. It was another Mizzou-related discussion starter by a Mizzou poster, but SLU fans are being described as obsessed with Mizzou. SLU posters here didn't seek out the information or start the conversation. Thus, I request some backup when the reputation of the posters here is sullied on your home board. Are you willing to comply with that request?

For a very short time I was the Triangle and Too of Tigerboard. I was also a regular poster on the Rivals Tiger boards. I was banned from both for making ther tiger faithful acknowledge our existance. My daily "countdown to the meeting in the dome" posts got me booted from tigerboard, largely because of all the obscenities hurled at me (I kept it squeaky clean.) The tigers can keep their freaking boards.

I like having the tiger fans here. After all it does prove we exist ;-) . Mutgr, you'll have to forgive me for delighting in all the bad ink your "program" is getting these days. I've got nothing against you personally. It's just that the other couple hundred thousand tiger fans out there that are a major pain in the hinder.

billiken rich said,

"Mutgr, you'll have to forgive me for delighting in all the bad ink your "program" is getting these days. I've got nothing against you personally. It's just that the other couple hundred thousand tiger fans out there that are a major pain in the hinder."

ditto from me. mutgr is probably about the most civil and rational thinking tiger poster i have ever encountered.