Billiken soccer team

Lobo

is ranked #16 in the College Soccer News pre-season top 30 poll which also ranked the Bills as having the 2nd best recruiting class.

Hopefully the team will have a very successful season. I think we are due for another NCAA championship. And... it wouldn't hurt the arena effort either.

Glad to see some soccer talk. I missed the game friday anyone see it or know the score.

I think we are a year or two away from real national championship contention but I think Coach Donnigan is going to get us another title. We lost a lot but we will still have a good team.

I know it's not billiken related but the National team is looking very good and McBride is playing well. We beat Cuba 5 - 0 yesterday. Mcbride scored our first 3 goals of the CONCACAF tourney. He was marked hard yesterday which opened up opportunities for everyone else. Landon Donovan scored four times and looked great. Another St. Louisan Steve Ralston scored once yesterday and has the assist on all of McBride's goals.

I hope to see a little soccer talk on the board. Anyone else go to the games.

I have booen to q few the past few years. Like to sit in the away seats, and see the church all lit up at night. It is a beautiful stadium, and the competition si good.

A bunch of us are going to the Indiana game on Friday night, Oct 24 I believe. One of my buddies is a flaming Hoosier (he's proud or it, go figure) Going to leave at midday, hit Bloomington right before the game, come back the next morning.

It would be great to go to the Indiana game but my job makes that impossible. I also sit on the visitors side often as I like to sit at about the 20 yard line on the side the Bills attack, and it's less crowded to move on that side. Let me know when you are going as I usually go alone and would love to meet another soccer fan there.

Agreed, too many new faces for elite success this year, and some tough games. Only a few kids can contribute significantly right away at that level. i.e. Brad Davis as a recent example. If SLU gets another stud class next year, they will be tough to beat. I think they can be top 15 this year if things fall right. But anything more I think is reaching this year, and it wouldn't surprise me if they had to fight for top 25 a little bit early. They will be much better late.

For those who do not attend, people are definitely missing out on the school's top program.

at IU, a good trip to take.

I have intentions of going down to Charlottesville for the Bills when they play there I believe this August. I'd like to see them against Virginia who always seems to be in the national title hunt.

Also will be going up to Princeton to catch my old friend Tim Champions and the soccer Jillikens this September. Both my young ladies want to see dad's alma mater play but, beingladies, prefer the female version as opposed to the male version right now.

I started going to SLU soccer games during my junior and senior years of high school. Now that I'm a student at SLU living on campus I try to go to as many games as I can. Hermann Stadium is really a beautiful facility, and SLU has almost always had one of the best teams in the country. I'm really looking forward to seeing how good this incoming freshman class will be.

I miss the good old days of getting liquored up at Bullfeathers (r.i.p.) and stumbling over to the soccer games my freshman and sophomore year, before the games were moved to the Soccer Park for a couple of years. Ah yes, the good old days when SLU was able to claim that it had the largest seamless sheet of artificial turf in the world.

The one cool thing about the astro-turf field was that since SLU moved their games to the Soccer Park, SLU let grade school teams, such as the one I played on, play games there. It was cool playing at a college facility, but we didn't always like the turf. One time the turf was to our advantage was when we beat the defending city champions n the turf, partially because my team prepared for the turf and wore indoor soccer shoes or track shoes, while a good number of the other team's players wore cleats. I'm not a fast runner, but I was blowing by defenders all night. :)

You are right. I hope SLU will have a NCAA Chamionship in soccer this year. I just started going to games last year and have met Coach Donnigan and seems like very nice and personable guy. Ihave met a lot of coaches at SLU but he is the one that always seems to go out of his way to say hello and talk to you. Plus his team seems to respect him a lot. GO BILLIKENS

I will be at the Furman Invitational in early September. I live in Hendersonville NC which is only about a 40 minute drive across the South Carolina line to Furman. I plan on asking my son's soccer coach (he plays in a Middle School League) if some of his team mates would like to come to form a little cheering section for the Bills.

From what I understand, he was still very attached to the program at Creighton, which he built from nothing into a national title contender. Perhaps he regretted leaving for Old Dominion before coaching at SLU. I got the impression that he had no hard feelings towards SLU; he was just interested in returning to Creighton. I think Donigan is a great fit, so it's been a win-win for both schools.

To have two very good ex pro soccer players to be able to lace em up and practice with the kids every day, is a nice bonus. I think the kids are stunned that they can still play a bit.

Great class, but a LOT of new faces and changes. I think next year could be a big national year.

I like the tough schedule approach they are taking. The only way to be a top national program is to play the big boys.

Creighton? Brian Kamler still kicking it around in MLS, New England, class of 1990 Parkway West.