Off topic...kobe

I tend to agree with his take that no way will Kobe ever do any jail time for this alleged assault. The burden of proof in this he said-she said case will be entirely in the young ladies corner. Her credibility will be put to the test big time. Since he has admitted to adultery only...I still can see this as a case where the charges are whittled down to some meaninless misdemeanor where Kobe gets a slap on the wrist.

i am already terribly disgusted by the whole incident. maybe it was consensual, but the facts apparently are we have a 19 year old desk clerk that kobe got to come to his room. whether she wanted to be there or not, still puts kobe in an bad light on this. the man is married with a new baby and he has no business soliciting one night stands with cute 19 year old front desk clerk's. should he go to jail for that if it indeed was not "forced"? of course not, but in the same sense, is it right that it just so happens that "leaks", pictures and stories are coming out of everywhere now about the young lady? apparently the bryant legal camp is playing rough. as i guess they should in the best interest of their client. it is just too bad that bryant didnt have the sense to realize what position he was putting himself into.

Most of the information regarding the girl is being spread by her friends and messageboard types like us, not by Kobe's lawyers. Last night I went to a Kobe fan page run by a laker fan, and this site's regular posters have compiled all kinds of information about this girl.

She doesn't appear to be the most stable person, but Kobe is a very bright man. He should have known better than put himself in this kind of situation.

You're a professional athlete. You make mega-millions. You have a relatively new wife that from here looks pretty cute. You have a new baby. Why are you even finding yourself in this situation? Where was his proverbial "entourage?" Seems to me that he could very easily "buy" some extremely discreet companionship for the night if he needed to. Yet he "goes" for a 19-year-old front desk girl?

I read Nash's attached SI article and I don't believe the writer was defending Kobe as much as he was explaining the attitude. He may have hit the mark, what do I know. I don't even know anything about the victim here. Black? white? Hispanic? I have no clue. But even if she settles out of court for a couple hundred G's or a mill, would she have ever seen that as a hotel clerk in her lifetime? Is going through the pain and angst of the public eye over this court thing going to be worth it? Maybe. I don't know, I'm not making the judgment call here. Would I do it? I like to believe not only no but hell no. I can't speak for the girl.

Kobe Bryant is another way now to spell S-T-O-O-P-I-T .... as my 12-year-old likes to sing to me. Endorsement money alone measures in the tens or hundreds of millions. All for a 19-year-old, one-night stand. Rocket scientist thine name is NOT Kobe Bryant. Thinking with the wrong head!