BullsEye Board, Marquette & Tommie Lidell

Anyone out there in cyberspace know if the Bulls Eye board has set up a pay site I know that they had mentioned this possibility before they closed up shop on their free site.

I also read on a couple of sites, and I believe it was mentioned before on this site, that Marquette is making a strong late push for Tommie Lidell and the interest is mutual.Man I'd hate to lose this kid right out of our back yard to a conference foe.

Marquette gets mentioned by a lot of kids these days -- that's what a Final Four will do for you. But even if 50 kids list Marquette, 48 of them will go elsewhere because Crean only has two scholarships to give. I'd only worry about it if Tommie makes a visit to the school. I'm more concerned about Tommie passing the ACT.

Yes, Liddell will be a senior in August.

Most kids take the ACT or SAT starting in their junior year though. At least he has a while and several possible attempts left to pass.

I think Bullseye has basically moved to www.hoopmasters.com .This is Bob Gibbons site.Right now free,but bet it won`t last

i believe the acceptable ACT is now a sliding scale sort of thing. it depends what your college prep class gpa ends up. i dont know the exact numbers, but let's say a 3.0 gpa needs a 17 ACT score then a 2.0 GPA might need a 20 ACT. i.e. need to ace one or the other.

It all depends imo on the kid and his background...can he succeed at SLU? I believe Dwyane Wade was first academic non-qualifier Marquette has ever had. SLU recruiting a non-qualifier who does the work and can succeed in school and graduate is more important. Obviously the kid must be a great character kid and great ball player.

Spoon seemed to also start the juco trend at SLU...carried from his SMSU days. (by the way...how about that baseball team...SLU can have a good one too, I remember a post a while back questioning it...Mizzou had success this year as well.)

I would not let the ACT deter me if I am SLU on Lidell. If he can practice and sit out a year and make it in school...then fine. Dwyane Wade had a 3.0 GPA and I bet it will open the door slightly more for those types of kids there...maybe not often or a lot...but ACT score won't deter them...it is a risk...but not all kids get same background or chance.

SLU should make Lidell a #1 priority.

• 1 month later...

lamont cranston is a blues/rock band that has been around for about 30 years. i am thinking i saw them once in college at missisippi nights in like 1980. the main guy plays a mean harmonica but i do not know his name off the top of my head.

Yes Fred Sanford's son was named Lamont, yes there was a rock, blues band named lamont cranston who had a member that played a mean harmonica,but the original Lamont Cranston goes back farther than that,a lot farther,I am sure someone out there in Billiken Land knows the origin of the name,here's a hint he was a famous person's (living or dead, factual or fictional) alter ego.???

Exatamundo,correctamundo, I owe you a brewski next season----Lamont Cranston was the Shadow's true identity.But how did you cheat The Shadow was originally a radio program from back in the 40's.I guess you looked up Lamont Cranston in one of your search engines.Oh well remember "Who Knows What Evil Lurks In The Minds Of Men(or Mizzou fans)---Only The Shadow Knows.

I am always up for a good brew, as the last 11 years in St. Louis, I worked for Anheuser-Busch. I just don't know if a trip to St. Louis is in the cards this year.

To answer your other question, yes, I did use a search engine to find your mysterious question.