Playing the waiting game

I just get this feeling that another Darren Clarke-level player is going to fall into Brad's lap. There are a number of kids like Terry Evans, Steven Neal (MN), Carlton Reed (IA) and Taj Gray that are listing similar schools. The thing is, Oklahoma, Louisville, Iowa, Wisconsin etc. appear to be going after higher profile players and at least one of these kids will have to go elsewhere.

3 star, while angres wasnt specific when i talked to him at the jilliken camp a couple of years ago he seemed to be geniunely excited about their recruiting progress. let's hope you are right!

I agree with 3Star's prognosis for the following reasons: (a) Brad has sounded very upbeat about his prospects for the 2004 class of recruits (and he is normally not a guy who hypes without basis in fact), (:o we bagged a top St. Louis player early, © Brad has done well late in the cycle coming up with quality players, and (d) 3Star's point--there seem to be plenty of quality players that SLU has been following who are still not committed and one or more of them should probably fall to us. Luke Meyer is another guy who comes to mind. Sounds like he is holding out hope of an offer from Stanford and if that offer does not come to pass ... .

I saw the list of Nike Camp participants before the kids started playing and Evans wasn't on it. As far as I know, he didn't make the trip and isn't cleared to play until September. Evans will definitely slip to somebody, be it us or the Valley. He has been hobbling around for 7 months now and no top 25 program is going to burn a scholarship on a run-and-jump athlete who may not be able to run and jump.

Based on his comments from 2 months ago I would have thought Carlton Reed, a very athletic 6'3 wing from Iowa, would have committed to the Hawkeyes or the Cyclones by now. But the Hawkeyes have their eye on bigger fish and the Cyclones program is in chaos right now.

Steven Neal is a 6'4 ultra-athletic wing from Minnesota who is no longer getting love from his state school or Oklahoma, which are focusing on other positions. He will fall to somebody.

How the Taj Gray recruitment shapes up really depends on whether Louisville and Oklahoma still have open scholarships when the juco season is over. I'm betting they don't and we'll be up against the likes of Wichita St., Kansas St. and Texas Tech for his services.

3Star,

How tall is Taj? Only questions on him would be if Brad wants to wait until the spring and since he is a Juco, will he be able to get into SLU? Seems to me someone mentioned that it will be harder for us to get Juco transfers accepted.

taj gray is reported to be a full 6'8" tall and around 230 lbs. think of the college senior version of anthony bonner when envisioning taj gray.