Grimes on SLU...

When cheeseman had earlier said that he has a son who went to Mizzou and then SLU, I thought of MUTGR, who has told us that he holds degrees from both Mizzou and SLU. I wondered if cheeseman and MUTGR were father and son, but I decided not to ask. Well, unless this difference of opinion is a continuation of a typical dinner-table discussion in the cheeseman household, it's not likely that cheeseman and MUTGR are father and son.

Forget I mentioned it!

If your point is pertaining to a kid or kids who go away to a KU or wherever, and then come back and act big time or like a jerk etc...because they went big time or thought they went big time, fine.

If your point is disliking every good prospect that leaves STL for somewhere else to ball? then I think I got your point and we disagree.

Kissing those kids butts that go away? No...saying good riddance, and disrespecting them, uh no on that one too...at least for me.

Obviously the kid who plays for the local team for local fans will get more time and attention, because they were around more and played for the fans favorite team. But if Ryan Robertson or Zo Martin or whomever are good people, I have no ill will or grudges. I would hope they made the right choice for themselves and are happy. I wouldn't start rooting for their teams or schools(unless I knew them personally)

Let's put it this way...I went to Cards/Cubs at Wrigley all weekend for 4th of July...I am a huge Cardinal fan, and do NOT root for the Cubs. I quietly hope they lose every game. Do I bark and rant and rub it in at Wrigley(if only Morris held the 5 run lead Sat for the sweep, sigh)? No, do I wear red and cheer enthusiastically for the Cards, absolutely. I was the guy with the 35 Morris jersey, probably jinxing him...lol...When the Cubs whom I do not enjoy do something well, I can objectively point it out etc...obviously without cheering. And when Cards do well, I stand and applaud when warranted, enthusiastically, without being the jerk, etc...

The baseball example is for the purpose to let you know how I am and where I am coming from....

let's put it this way, if ryan robertson and troy robertson were standing together and i had a choice of only shaking one hand and not the other, it would be troy's hand not ryan's.

MUTGR - I am not changing my arguement - what you did was take me literal all I did was point out what you eventually agreed with.

No MUTGR and I are not father and son - by son did graduate from MU and is currently attending SLU working on his PhD in medical research so he obviously was well prepared at MU.

Along with the Deiner family. I'd sure hate to see the Greeks and the Isrealis pissed at us along with the bean pole blonde community. I won't be the one held responsible. My point stands Roy. He wasn't any good anyway. Like Arthur Johnson he'll slog his way to obscurity leading the MU Tigers (in scoring and rebounds) to another Elite Eight while Chris Bruan and Kenny Brown bask in the glow of the PRCNBADL (People's Republic of China National Basketball Army Developemental League.)

Am I bitter? Yeah. I guess I am. I hate the Tigers with a passion but not enough to dis a kid who chooses them over us. You can keep the brauns and deiners of the world. Those untalented hard workers might make you happy. I'll take Grimes and AJ and kick your pathetic butt EVERY TIME. I'll take Grimes and AJ and Edwin and Heinrich and Melvin and Every other talented player who doesn't measure up to your high standard and KICK YOUR PATHETIC BUTT EVERY TIME. Not just once but everytime. You can have Deiner and bruan. I'll throw in a couple of tough good kids for ya. Maybe redden and AD. I'll give you Donnie (Booty Bump) Dobbs and KICK YOUR IDIOTIC BUTT EVERY TIME.

You make me want to scream Roy. I'm glad you aren't coaching and recruiting for the Bills Roy because Ekker would make your teams look bad

rich, where did i ever say i want a whole team of "tough" kids? i would never recruit a team loaded with drejaj's, sloan's, redden's, etc. but i sure as hell would not have many players on my team with the "all potential not fullfilled" label either.

and surely in your apparent excited state you didnt mean your ekker statement. now calm down and count backwards from 20.

My older sister, father, wife, and I went to SLU. My younger sister and brother-in-law went to Mizzou. Needless to say, we have some heated dinner table discussions from November through March.