Well, Greece just lost to Croatia, 73-72

The game just went final (I was "following" the live stats -- a different way to "watch" or "listen to" a ball game! -- and I don't have the story or the box score yet.

The live stats don't show the time remaining, but I did see Greece leading 72-70. Then it refreshed and Croatia was leading 73-72. Then it refreshed and said it was the final score. Apparently, Croatia hit a three pointer late in the game to procure the win.

Croatia took an early lead, but the game stayed close. Croatia led most of the first three quarters, though Greece led at the half. Greece held the lead most of the fourth quarter. For naught, though.

I don't yet know how the Group F standings shake out.

Ian Vouyoukas didn't get into the game today.

Ian V. now appears to be the 3rd option at center and did not play.

My turn to nit pick: Greece will play Lithuania Saturday in the Semis but they are the second seed from their group (Croatia became the top seed based on head to head). Lithuania beat Australia head-to-head so are the top seed in their group.

The link I posted earlier under the USA thread lists the teams in order.

Australia is E1 and will face Croatia (F2). Greece is F1 and will face Lithuania (E2).

I know Lithuania beat Australia head-to-head, but Australia beat USA, which beat Lithuania. However the tiebreaker works, Australia got the top billing among the three tied teams. I really have no idea why Lithuania got second over USA.